WOOOOOO!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by fuman80, Aug 12, 2008.

1. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    finally my time has come! was at the lake by my house, at the honey hole a guy told me about. hooked a huge flathead. unfortunately he broke my line. so i switched to steak after running out of hot dog, and within 2 minutes i had a smaller flathead, so i finally got one!!! steak is my new miracle bait lol he was a little longer than 2 feet long and from my estimation a little over 10 pounds, he put up a good fight

2. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats! Hopefully my drought will end soon as well!

3. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats you have a picture?

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish.steak,the other flat bait!!

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a great fish, where did you catch him and on what bait?

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Was that T-bone, Ribeye, Sirloin? Never used steak before.....lol

7. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i got a picture but its 2 big to upload onto this site untortunately, he had some good color and was very healthy looking. and it was a sirloin :wink:lol

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    download a free program called irfanview.you can resize the pics on it.if ya download it and need some help,pm me and i will tell you how to resize the pic with it.i figured it out,that means any one can,lol

9. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks guys. this was really my first flathead. he wasnt a monster but he gave me a good fight. i now know where they got the nickname "the freshwater freight train"

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    don't matter how big they are.you caught one,we like seeing pics of fish,no matter what size.
    plus,to me,and i would say a lot of others,it is getting out that brings the most enjoyment,catching fish is a bonus :eek:oooh:

11. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you have a good point cuz if my friends didnt come with i probably wouldve stopped going a while ago. getting out and having a good time is what counts:big_smile:

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey any catfish I catch is a good one. I love catching flatheads, I have had em get behind rocks on me and bury their noses in behind rocks and set there. The definately are interesting and fun to catch. I have had em sit and suck on a perch for hours, then when I got ready to move, you find them on there. Blue I like to catch them because when they hit it is like a freight train.

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    yes,it is a great feeling.unfortunately,blues are not native to ohio.i have caught a 31 out of a pay lake quite a few years ago,the power they posess is crazy,specially when they hit your bait like there is no tomorrow

14. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congratulations on your first Flathead!:big_smile:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on your fish.

16. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    soon im gona have to go after his big brother who broke my line. that was a nice hook he stole! lol

17. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Congrats on the flattie!!! No matter what size, all cats are trophys to me!!

18. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    congrats on the king flat cat! I always know when I have a flattie on, they pull like their life depends on it and if I am hungry then sometimes it does!

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the steak flat!!! Drop me off your extra bait!:wink::smile2: rollo

20. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Getting out and fishing is the FUN, imo. Of course, my good brothers here on the BOC would say "TANYA, you've never caught a trophy cat!"

Nope, never have. It's the connection with nature for me, and doesn't really matter if it happens to be a big fish or a l'il 'un.

I think (I may presume by saying this) that most people would be better off taking in, relaxing, revelling in the wonders of God's creation; rather than worrying about whether they're able to catch a GIANT.

IS it a sport? Guess it is to some. I've never been so good at sports. I enjoy LIFE......and catfishing is part of that.