WOOHOO I might go dove hunting!!!

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by field989, Sep 6, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yep i might go with this one guy that i have worked with

he hunts everythign

i sure hope i get to go....

it sounds like a blast

Thanks

Jeff

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    man i use to love dove hunting but around here the only problem is there are not that many feild and ever body knows where they are but it is a very fun sport.

3. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Have Fun And Be Safe !!

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Make sure you take at least a case of shells. Have fun and be safe.

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    We always just used high-powered air rifles or those .22cal. Crickets for them. We'd carry some water with us and dressed them right in the field!
    Just cut head and peel skin off and step on the wings and 'pop' the breast right off. Put in bucket of salted water and ready to cook when you get home! I havn't went in years though.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well i havent got to go just yet i might this wknd my son took off with my 20 and i cant find any more than 1 box of 410 shells i dont like to use my 12 till later in the season

7. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I am leaving in about an hour or so to go dove hunting. I am going to try out my new shotgun. Remington 12guage express super mag. My father n law and my buddy that i went to highschool with are heading down to Fontana, KS to a dairy farm. While were out that way we will probably see some deer and plenty of turkeys. Deer and turkey season is just right around the corner as well.

chris

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Good Luck and be safe!

9. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    We shot 6 doves this morning, we walked through the feild first but the doves were jumping up too far in front of us, so the 3 of us set in a row about 25 yards apart between the cut corn feild, pond and the gravel road.

chris

10. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    just got back from hunting. shot my limit (15) in about an hour and forty five it was carazy . the kids had a blast. Next year its their turn