Woodend boat ramp

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by AC1108, Jan 9, 2006.

1. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    I went fishing on the Kaw this weekend at the West end of Woodend road by 88th street and see they are putting in a boat ramp. That will be a nice addition. According to the sign it is being made by volunteers and they are looking for help with general labor and some skilled construction.

2. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    My father-in-law and I went down to the Kansas river in May, we went down to 435 and Kaw, no luck so we went on west of there to the boat ramp in Edwardsville, but it looks like the torn it out and put piles of brush down there.. Does the boat ramp at 88th and woodend on the kansas river or a small creek that flows into the kansas?

chris

3. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    It wouldn't actually be on 88th street but at the far west end of Woodend where that little park is. They have the whole ground tore up with it sloping towards the Kansas River but I can't remember for the life of me what the name of that road is. It's west of Peterbilt and Cintas and the last place you come to before you have to turn back to the north by the police shooting range. I hope that helps some

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    So this new ramp is above the low water damn at 435 ?

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah Brad its above it, in Edwardsville. :D

6. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Thats Cool!!! it will no doubt be nice to have a ramp there. When I read 88th and woodend i was real excited 'cause thats just below the low water dam. It's quite a trek up to 435 from Kaw point. but none the less when that ramp opens it will give good access to the edwardville and bonner area of the Kaw so its all good!

7. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats good fishin, you can get back there where mill creek and the kaw meet. Man I know they're big fish back up in that spot.

8. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Any ideas when that ramp will be open?

If they are looking for volenteers why don't a bunch of us go help out on a saturday or something like that?

sure would be nice if that ramp was ready to go this spring wouldn't it guys?

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Gotta work Fri and Sat , or I would donate a couple hours. Im gonna go check that ramp out Tues , and maybe fish that spot for a couple of hours. :)

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I drove by it this afternoon. It's graveled in enough that it is probably usable now, but it would be better to wait until it's paved. This ramp will open up a whole section of the Kaw that's been really hard to get to!

I'd donate some time, but things are a little too crazy right now :sad:

11. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Just west of the ramp, there is the sand plant, my father in law told me he used to fish it alot when he knew the owners of the plant. The plant dredged a section of the river out, suppose to be some really good fishin there. He has pulled quite a few large cats from that section.

chris

12. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I don't have a boat but I would sure like to get on that creek mouth.

13. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm going to donate a large chunk of the rebar they need to pour it but i could use a couple of guys to help lay it down and tie it. it is a pretty long ramp and i'm not lookin forward to doin it but man i want that access and it's five minutes from my house. :cool:

14. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Any new updates on the boat ramp?

15. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Last time I checked it was about 88% should be done now. Maybe

16. sparky806

sparky806 New Member

State:
    Shawnee Kansas
    I was just down there today. Concrete looks complete, but still blocked off. If I had to guess, I would say that they poured withen a week ago. Hope it opens soon. Richard

17. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    How safe do you think the boat ramp is going to be?

chris

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Chris , thats not a very bad area at all. Should be just fine. :)

19. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah my mother-in-law stays rig there. good area.

20. sparky806

sparky806 New Member

State:
    Shawnee Kansas
    Checked the ramp Saturday. It's not open yet, but they do have gravel piled up for the lot/entry to the ramp. Hopfully by next weekend it might be usable. A short boat ride to 435 will sure beat that walk. I'll check it this week.
    Richard