Wood heat. Ahhhhh

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Silvercreek, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Silvercreek

Silvercreek New Member

State:
    Kansas, Marion Reservoir
    Can ya feel it?:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nothing better than wood heat.At my last house thats all we heated with.

Nice looking stove Jon..

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nothing better then watching it burn while getting warmed up.

4. Buff Place

Buff Place Member

State:
    Mulvane, Kansas
    When you get a few years on the old bones, nothing feels better than a good fire on a cold day and a shot of JD:big_smile:
    What’s up with the price of fire wood? Some of these guys in my neck of the woods are getting $125.00 a rick for split oak….last year it was $65.00.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    As cold as it is I could stare at that pic all day.:smile2:
    Once its "supposed" to be cold I am okay with it. Not supposed to be this cold already.:confused2::angry::sad2:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Jon for the pic. Nice looking wood stove. I can watch one of them burn for hours. Tranquil.

7. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    That stove is making Milford awfully tempting. Has anyone heard the forcast for Oct. 23-25 at Milford??

8. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I wonder if I could put the woodburnner in my boat? 34 degrees here Sunday morning, first weekend I haven't had the boat out in 7 months.
    maybe this coming weekend, back to the 60's, also the trout will be stocked on thursday

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Get a propane heater for the boat.:wink::cool2:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I was on the water at 7am Sat morning. I had to wear the coveralls and i'm glad I had them on.

Fished for about 4hrs then threw the net for some shad before leaving and froze the hands doing that but caught some nice shad.

And caught some nice crappie up to 13 3/4" long.:wink:

11. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Thanks for the post. I have a wood burning insert in my fireplace and it provides 60% of our heat. Has for years. I love backing up to it on those brrrrrr cold mornings. :wink:

12. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    I just lite the first fire of the year about 10 mins ago:cool2: last year i cut hauled and split just about 7 cords of wood. It gave me something to do while being laid off and not being able to fish, so it wasn't bad I enjoyed it really.:big_smile:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We use wood heat exclusively for our house. I always cut my wood, oak and hickory, a year in advance so it will be good and dry for winter. I have several wood heaters. I have a 'Golden Oak' parlor stove in one room. It is in perfect condition but rarely used. Then I have a 'Fatso' laundry stove that I use occasionally. Then I have a 1/4 steel boiler plate heater that is our primary heater. I can load it with wood and cut the draft down and it will still be full of coals in the morning. I once considered buying up antique heaters to restore, but gave up on the idea due to the collapse of the economy. Here are pics of a few of my heaters.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

14. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    The fatso is cool Bill,
    Thanks for the pics..:wink:
    Puddle

15. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I cheat, we have a pellet stove in our house. Like it a lot and have less mess than what is involved with operating a stick burner.