Woo-hoo post # 10

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flysure1, Feb 26, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just wanted to take a second to thank all who have so graciously welcomed me to your site, I have only posted here a couple of days and really feel welcome, I do not have a lot of catfish knowledge to offer but I can maybe brighten a day with joke or 2, post some bass/crappie reports(that would be bait to most of you!l ol) or maybe add a different view on a topic, I only take part in one other forum and I will slow way down on posts come summer (I drive a mixer so days will soon be long) --I hope. Take care and good luck fishin!---Rod

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Rob Don't think I have had the opportunity to say WELCOME to the BOC.You get those 10 posts in it opens up more doors for you. Like looking at pictures etc

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Rod! :0a25: to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you!

4. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I see it still says nine posts, I am assuming it will take a while to show up? I am going stir crazy waiting on spring up north here---it has been a pretty severe winter---very cold! Lots of l.p. went through our furnace! Thanks for the welcomes! It will take me a while to keep track of names/faces---Rod

5. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Howdy Rod. Welcome to the BOC. Put more water in that mix. I don't feel like draggin it.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    would like to say hello and a big welcome to the BOC. Glad to have ya!!:smile2::cool2:

7. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow, I have been laid off too long, it took me a few seconds to figure out rudeopposum's "put more water in" reply--gettin old and slow I guess---you a finisher/construction worker/driver? I could post pages of amazing concrete stories! Been driving a mixer about 16 years.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rod were proud you decide to get on board. With 10 post in you will be able to view pics and etc. Enjoy.

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Rod welcome to the BOC and keep on posting :wink:

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to The BOC Brother Rod. Look forward to your post:wink:

11. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey rod; I'm just a broke down mason/and part time school teacher. But construction is in the family. My dad gave me plenty of opportunity's to pull yards and yards of concrete growing up.lol. Dear old dad. Never know what will happen around job sites. I could probable add a page to that with a couple mixer driver tales.lol:tounge_out: Again, welcome to the BOC and keep postin. Just a few post from moving up in rank. thx rudeopossum

12. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    There is a lot of truth in the statement "old broken down finisher", I comment a lot about the fact that concrete work is a young mans job--a lot of old finishers have bad knees and backs---there are days when driving a truck should be a young fella's job---I am sure you have some driver stories also---I have never came to blows in the field with anyone(close), I did pull away from a job once before they were done, they had to get someone else to bring them some more, the company backed me up and I never got a write up! I will take an a$$ chewing when I have earned it but I don't listen very long when I don't have it coming--lol---I have to be carefull nowadays, I am the old fart on most jobs, those young guys would stomp on me and shove in the cab when through!

13. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey Rod welcome to the BOC from north carolina,set back and start to learn i do every time i get on..

14. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have gotten a lot of good tips already, and I thought I was getting too old to learn!

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome,Rod. I drive an old mixer too,Just right for my old broken down self. Glad to have you here with us. Hope to visit more with ya in the future.

16. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve New Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Welcome to the BOC.:wink:

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the Boc Rod

18. dangerman

dangerman New Member