Wonderod fishingpole

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Mar 16, 2008.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Ok members i need some help identifying this fishing pole i came across.I went to the fleamarket today to just look around and came across a man with a pile of everything.In the back of his booth laying on the ground was this fishing pole.It just really caught my eye so i asked how much.He told me $ 5.00 .SOLD.I didnt need it but i just liked the way it looked. Heres my question .Do any of you know anything about the pole . All i can read is WONDEROD .It has a BWD 58 on it but everything else is wore off .Just a few pat. # that i can barely read and a large S .I'm guessing the S stands for shakespeare. Another man at the fleamarket was walking by me and asked if he could look at it and he said it was a nice find.They dont make one piece glass rods like that anymore and he walked on. So give me your info,on this nice old rod .....Thanks all ........Robert
    P.S......It really needs a good cleaning but dont want to harm the finish ,any sugestions there would be helpfull also .

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      37.7 KB
      Views:
  2. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Sorry Robert but I can't help you there. You might try searching on the Shakespear site for the word Wonderod! Just a thought, or you might try to find an antiques site and search under fishing gear for the wonderod.

don3778

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Shakespear wonderod, there are several on Ebay now