Wondering about the Clonk!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Branj796, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well I have never seen anyone use a clonk. Has anyone ever used one? Does it really work? This is hard for me to believe. I guess hopefully some of you have tried one. I have seen those videos but its a video. Well let me know.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I could maybe see it working if you're in a super secluded area that never gets traffic.

On the Ohio River, it would be useless. There's too much disturbance. Barges, other boats...

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The clonk is used for wels catfish.Their is much speculation as to whether it works on our native species but I would say no it doesn't..But if your fishing for wels it works great.

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Whenever someone farts on my boat, we refer to it as the Clonk but it never has worked so far...:smile2:

Salmonid

5. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It would be difficult to prove that it works, or that it doesn't. For sure, cats react to sound, if this is a good sound, I don't know. I doubt if the sound it makes would scare the fish off, so give it a try!

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

IMO-Throw a brick in the river,same sound and pocket the cash you would have spent on the clonk.:wink:

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Pat,,What kind of brick??

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I know the clonk works on wels catfish in Europe. On the show River Monsters on Animal Planet, a guys clonks the water d=from a boat and a giant wels came up from the depths to investigate.

I don't know if it works for North American catfishes!:sad2:

9. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have one and I use it time to time. Does it work, who really knows but I can tell you this I have sat on a spot for a few hours and nothing. I then used the clock and with in 15 mins or so I had a fish in the boat. Did the clonk make the fish bite, I don't know did it hurt, nope. I think about it like this if they are not biting and you use it what does it hurt its not like you are affecting anything that was good.

10. Thad

Thad New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I had never heard of a clonk, I had to google it.
    Interesting stuff.
    Thanks! You can always learn a new trick on Catfish 1.

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Pat,
    A pile of bricks would cost a lot more than a clonk but I guess after a few trips you would have made yourself some structure to fish on:wink:
    ...W

12. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    In Texas we figured out if you tie a string around the brick, you only have to buy one.:roll_eyes:

13. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

See,this is what I love about the BOC,somebody always figures out a better way to do things!:wink::smile2::tounge_out::crazy:.