Wonderful day no fish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by ohio hilljack, Jan 16, 2010.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    The day was perfect for winter catfishing but my skunkings continue. On the upside we only spent three hours getting the boat running which left five hours for fishing, that is good for us. Marked good fish ,not stacked up but several in close proximity . For others fishing tomorrow, the river is good just some small ice flows very little trash. Bait was nonexistant ,we tried everywhere even the hot water discharge was shad free. Most of the fish we marked were near creek mouths, water depth varied 30 to 60 feet. They seemed to be lying right on the edge of the first steep ledge ,depth didn't matter.
    We are fairly certain that our recent failures are related to our bait. We froze four inch shad in the fall for our winter fishing they have not a drop of blood in them, I think someone who doesn't like us snuck into the freezer and embalmed them. This is the only bait we have used in our last three trips, all skunkings, before that we had not been skunked since march of last year. If you had good shad I believe that you could go to Ripley and do fairly well, but you would have to put in at Aberdeen.Good luck to all who go tomorrow.

2. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    don't know if you'd have had fresh shad if it would have mattered the bite is definantly off. tull and i had no luck saturday either had a couple of short bites early in the day and couple of nibbles here and there and finally caught a 2-3lb channel on piece of bait and hook that was bigger then he was. we did get to play around with a hummingbird 977 with the sidescan .

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I dont think bait would matter, we had fairly fresh skip jacks that were bleeding like stuck pigs and they wouldnt touch it...Fishing just flat out sucks right now and has for a long time. I hate the Markland pool, if I ever win the lottery I am moving atleast 200 miles down river from this garbage..:pissed-off:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hell Travis, you don't need money... Just hitch hike, getcha a van down by the river! LOL... You can go where money cant take ya! LMAO! rollo

5. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That should put you right in the middle of Cannelton Pool,not a bad place to fish.Lots of Big fish caught in this Pool Promise.

6. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ya wouldnt by chance be able to catch on of those four nice uns thats in your avatar around the middle of the cannelton pool wouldja. If so Travis is gonna have a partner movin with him!!!!!! Please tell me those arent your sisters, wife, etc. I would feel bad!!!:time-out: Your gonna have to change that avatar man, every time I get on here I cant read any posts after yours cause Im to busy checking out that avatar. Thats It, from now on everyone refer to o'boro cat hunter as "o'boro big pimpin"