Wonder if a REG change is possible

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Spider, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I doubt it will do any good on it's own but I sent an email to the PA Fish Commision stating my opinion that the regulations should be changed for equipment. I'd like to see anglers permitted to use more than two rods or lines with the current multiple hooks (up to 3). Heck, ice fisherman can set up and be using up to five. I know they fish through a hole but really what's the difference? The two rod max has been in effect as long as I can remember and maybe it's time for a change.

2. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't see it changing, but thanks for the effort. The fisheries in PA are GREAT with the current regulations. In the game commission's eye, there is no need to change! Besides, if your fishing at night for cats, who really abides by the two rod rule? :cool2:

3. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Anything is possible Larry. In your email did you ask how the regulation on three rods could change? If you did, let us know their response please. :wink:Thanks.

Ray

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    it is time for them to update some rules, another reg. they should update is the creel limit of all catfish, 50 of any species of catfish is out of hand. a slot limit for catfish would also be a good change but dout that would ever happen. i normally don't use more than 2 poles anyway but it would be nice on the boat to have that choice.

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I could use a extra rod in my boat but on the shoreline with 3 rods would be too crazy for me.:eek:oooh:

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,d like to see some things changed too,# of rods,creel limits.Aint gonna happen in my lifetime!Maybe with enough input,peoples kids will live to see it.Can,t hurt to let your views be known though.PFBC is consistent about one thing,resistance to change.:wink:

7. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    An extra rod would be nice and definitely lower the limit on cats save the cats

8. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ain't that the truth! :smile2:

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Why don,t all for you send in emails ,that would be better than just one person asking for a change. Never know you might help get the regs changed .

I am not from pa but i like reading yalls post ,heck take the time to send some emails it can,t hurt ,hope it works out for ya,ll to get the regs changed .

10. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Actually It would probably be better if one of us found out the procedure and then did it by th Pa. Fish and Boat Commission's guidelines. That way we as a collective unit will be doing whatever is the most efficient method of lobbying for this change. However I understand and appreciate your thought. You're right that it couldn't hurt, but is it the most efficient way to go about this? :confused2::wink:

Ray

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    A person who is paranoid that a Fish and Game officer would walk all the way down in the middle of the night to check how many rods they are using.

There could be a few regulations that could us revising! Like the you can't use carp as bait. They are in waters everywhere since the 1850s so what's the deal? Tell me what public body of water in PA that does not have carp in it?:angry: It's actually illegal to use the as cut bait too!:crazy: Why? Do they fear the carp will regenerate itself like a starfish?:smile2:

This no harvest in native trout streams is BS too!:wink: Sometimes I like to mix things up and not feed my flatheads smallmouths and sunfish. How who you like to be served hamburgers everyday?:wink::big_smile:

12. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    haha right on tan. having more than 2 rods would come in handy for me, especially if i wanted to put some insanely oversized bait on one rig and just let it sit while the other rods keep me busy with ordinary baits. the commish is pretty set in their ways though, it would sure be tough to change their minds. i'd love to use some pounder carp in the spring too.... i'll never understand that rule.

Another reg i was wondering about, i'm pretty sure you can only be in possession of 50 baitfish at a time? if that's true then my bullhead farm is pretty illegal... anybody know more about that?

13. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think 2 rods are enough, if you aren't catching any with 2 then more rods aren't going to help you much.

14. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I would like to see more than 2 rods. I agree with Louis it would be nice to have 1 rod with a huge bait on it.Really don't understand the carp thing either like Tan said they are everywhere. Would like to see the cast net legal also.

15. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I wouldn't mind using a castnet, and a license you can put in your wallet

16. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I have always tried to follow the rod limits....... 2 rods on the left side of the boat, 2 rods on the right side of the boat, and 2 rods out the middle of the boat.:smile2::smile2: Thats the way this redneck rolls.:wink:

17. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i dont understand why the walmart by me sells castnets?:eek:oooh:

18. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Convience...so you can buy it and use it down at the shore. Or a better explanitation is that they just want to make a sale. :wink:

Ray

19. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Ohio has the 2 rod limit as well. I don't mind it at all. I could get skunked on 6 rods, just as easily as the 2 i'm allowed to use currently.:big_smile: Although, allowing 1 more would be OK at times for me, just as you mentioned. Making that 1 weird set-up to try every now and then, and to also cast into that one spot where all the fish must be, since they aure are not near my other rods.:wink:

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Using more rods gives you a higher percentage of hooking into something.