Women vs Men Who has the touch?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by orion_xxvx, Mar 13, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    It is my belief that women must either have a different polarity or some special luck that gives them a natural afinity for catching fish. Ive noticed that although there arent as many women that fish as men ....the ones that do fish tend to put the most fish in the boat. Is this something anyone else has noticed?

2. fishermanswife

fishermanswife New Member

State:
    az
    My husband will tell you that I definitely bring in more fish than he does. It's pretty easy to do that though if there's 8 rods out and each time one gets a hit you yell "that's mine!" even if it's not. :haha:

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    Amy definitely catches more fish than me. but, i know the "logical" reason why.

sometimes when she asks me to do some small household chore, i get a dumb look on my face and perform the task in the absolute worst manner. this ensure's that she will come over and "just do it herself" ex. folding laundry.

when we are fishing, she pulls the same manuever on me. i in turn go out of my way to help her out of whatever problem, like say a backlash. this takes time away from my fishing, and makes it easier for her to catch fish. i dont really mind if she catches "more fish" as long as i catch "the biggest fish".

its a match made in heaven. unfortunately the pics she takes seem to make her look like the better fisherperson... but, i know the truth.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    your right about that....most of my time is spent baiting her hooks and taking off the fish that I dont get much fishing time in.:wink:

5. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I second that after baiting hooks and catching handling the shad who has time for catching fish... We also know if we outfish the women we will subject ourselves to an inevitably long honey-do list the next weekend.

6. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Women have more patience i think than men. They will leave a bait longer, stay in a spot longer and wait for the bite.

7. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    We must be talking about 2 different species of woman here..... Mine sits for about 15 minutes and says are you ready to go home yet. I say no way. She went with me in A cold January morning one time and she was ready to go in 15 minutes. She dont ask to go anymore though. Not even in the warmer months.:smile2:

8. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hmmmm

Maybe THIS is why the ole man won't go fishing with me! :wink:

9. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Laura...did you change your hair????:big_smile:

10. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro

There's a big difference between "goin' to the lake catchin' fish hair" and "hot roller and make up hair"

Nope.. same hair different day. LOL

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    after staying on the water till 4am the first time i got my boat & she went, she wont go anymore, tryit it actually works!!!! plus she hates being so far from the restroom too

12. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you are in the Missouri area look me up. I'll go fishin with you.:big_smile:

13. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i know why women catch more fish. cause they smell better than we do.

14. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I was serious about there being a difference in polarity. I had a friend whos girlfriend we would have "bless the poles" cast a few times with each rod then wed catch em.

15. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My wife has the tuch!!! I can go fishing all weekend long and not catch a thing, when I take her every hook she baits has a fish on it so needles to say I take her every time I go!!!:smile2:

16. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    now i know i am risking my "man club" membership w/ this but im postin it anyway. a couple years ago at the Country Stampede in Manhatten Kansas i ran across a vendor there and it seemed like a good idea to me for the outdoors type gals. here is the link. heck, bossman should try to get em as a sponsor !!

http://www.p-likeaboy.com/

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My grandfather was from the backwoods of Canada. When he first started dating my grandmother he took her trout fishing up there. He caught two real nice trout......she caught 52! The fact that he spent so much time running around the woods looking for bait might have something to do with it.

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My wife outfishes me ,but not by much. My daughter however is a fishin machine if she's in the mood to do it. I once was catfishing an bass casting at the same time ,worked about 100 yds of shore no hits. My daughter said ,can I try. I figure sure why not. She gets about half way down the bank an hooks a huge bass ,I watch as it clears the lake about a foot and she's reelin to beat the band and then the worst feeling is when I see the spinner come flying back at her. Sha took it like a trooper ,an said ,DANG IT did you see that DAD.

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My wife quit fishin or going anyway a few years ago. Thats ok, i fish with buddies or by myself.