Women fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by DELLIS, Jan 21, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Does anybody else take their wives or girlfriends with them mine thinks she is the only one that is forced to go fishing

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    My wife will go with me occasionally but most of the time its me and my oldest son

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Yea she goes, that is if I want to go and not be in trouble when i get back.
    Duh! She loves to fish. Just ask the rest of the crew that went to "Bank fishing with attitude" trip. They'll tell tell ya what a hoot she is to have along.

4. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Yeah my wife will go with me if were bobber fishing . She isnt much into catfishing, she says its boring I say shes crazy lol

5. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I am not sure wheather I take her or she takes me. She sure swells up when I leave her at home. I do take an ocasional day out fishing with the Boys. I can't think of anyone that I would rather fish with day in day out. She was the only girl in a family with three brothers. She was closer to her dad and was sort of tom boy growing up. She can back a boat trailer better than most men. This is the third time around for both of us, We both got it right this time. If your wife feels she is being made to go and or doesn't enjoy going with you, either don't force her or go do something with her that is equally distastefull to you that she wants to do. I have set through some of the sorriest movies you can immagine because she wanted to see them. I even manager to smile a little.:)

6. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Took my wife of 28 years one time with me. That's all it took ....:rolleyes: I catted for years with my son fishing all over the USA. He moved to Arizona so that put an end to that....Now I'm back to bummin with old friends....;) THE CATKING !!! ( The wife cattin did NOT work out....:rolleyes: )

7. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Mine will go and God bless her she is sort of a "tree hugger" She wont let me fish with live gills or anything live for that matter (except worms) so it puts a cramp at times to what I want to do. The way I see it I try to balance out, time with Buddies, Time with Kids, and time with the Wifie. It works well for me I just have to accept the fact that when the Wifie goes I have to "adjust" my fishing style which I dont mind. I have tried to convert her but to no avail, I am not sure that I really want to. Nice to have that special someone out on the lake at night star gazing and just being there with me while I do the things that I love. I hope she doesnt read this cause she will then want me to start scrapbookin with her... NO WAY...:eek: LOL

8. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    My wife used to go fishing with me when we were dating, more than 30 years ago. Then she pulled a bait-and-switch, and now only goes when we're on a pier, at the ocean, and the weather's not too hot, not too cold, not raining, not too sunny, not too windy, not too calm, no flies, gotta have hot and cold running water, no snakes, no eels, no "creatures" of any kind... Needless to say, she don't go much any more. I try to explain her loss, but that's life.

9. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    thats funny sounds like she doesnt like to go out much

10. shovelheadwolf

shovelheadwolf New Member

State:
    ohio
    my wife likes to go gill fishing, i take the whole family in the morning to catch bait . about an hour before sun down me and the boy head to the honey hole. dont need to take more gear than whats needed(bucket,toilet seat,toilet paper,lounge chairs ect ect) but when she does go she usaly cathes the biggest carp on a blue gill pole. every body reel in your poles mommas got another biggin!

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The wife goes every chance she can.

Hey Rick. Thats a big ass flatty in your avatar. And, where is Cattanatti?

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    it will be a rare day if i go fishing without my wife she likes to fish more then i do

13. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    My wife was just on the edge of going catfishing with me till she smelled the dip and punchbait.:sick-big: Now I just go with friends with strong stomachs.
    :grin-big:

BILL

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    There is a VERY good article about women and fishing at the end of the latest In-Fisherman magazine written from a womens perspective,funny to.

15. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    yeah my wife goes with me most of the time, and most of the time she catches more fish then me or ends up with the biggest fish of the night. heck if i dont ask her to go with me , she gets mad. i wouldnt want it any other way, was married 5 years to a woman who hated fishing and had to fight for an hour with her everytime i wanted to go fishing, thats why i divorced her and married Renee. :rolleyes:

16. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Hey katfshn50- Cattinatti is also known as Cincinnati ....Ohio ...;) I was borned there and spent a few years on the mighty Ohio.... As you can see, the Ohio has some monster flatheads.....:grin-big: maybe not quite as big as my avatar , but big never the less....;) THE CATKING ............

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My wife LOVES to go fishing. In fact, only time I can go without her is when I take my son for some father/son time. Otherwise, my wife is ready to go at the mear mention of fishing.

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Catking, how much did that hog weigh the you are holding in your avatar? That is one big fish.:)

19. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    My lady loves to go with me fishing. She has her own fishing stuff and loves to fish for about anything.:)

20. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I take my girlfriend all the time. She loves it. She kinda gets mad if I go without her.