Women caught 85# Blue in mid MO

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by midmocat, Aug 20, 2007.

1. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Me and my older brother had the privledge of taking out a writer from the magazine Catfish Gold Wensday night. He brought his wife along since she loved to catch catfish. They drove 10 hours to come do this article so I was hoping to show them a good time and something good for the article. I told them before they came up that I would help them but they were going to catch the fish that night. Needless to say it worked out great. We caught 9 fish with a total weight over 300 pounds and the big fish was an 85# blue cat that the wife Sandra caught at 3:30 thursday morning. The writer thought it would be in the November issue of Catfish Gold and we will be on the cover. If article month changes I will post it. Don't really like to brag but it was just an exciting night and had to share it. Thanks for reading.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Wow-Marty you've been slaying 'em. I've been at the last three Waverly tournaments and seen the fish! Would the family be willing to share any secrets?

3. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    DOUG
    THIS IS MYFIRST NIGHT ONTHIS SO I HALF TO POST MORE THAN TEN POSTS TO BE ABLE TO PM YOU SO I WILL TRY TO GET TO THAT AND PRIVATE MESSAGE YOU AND WE WILL TALK THEN. ON THE OTHER NOTE I FISH ALOT AND I TRY NEW THINGS ALL THE TIME AND THE FISH CHANGE SO MUCH BY RIVER LEVEL, WHAT THE RIVER IS DOING AT THE TIME, AND WEATHER PLAYS A BIG ROLE. I WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN AND I HAVE FOUND PATTERNS AND IT HAS MADE ME BECOME PRETTY DARN CONSISTENT.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I take it you were fishing not far from the Osage River confluence? Now that I have my boat all setup for river fishing, I plan on starting to fish around that area in search of some big old mammoth blues. :big_smile:

5. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    There are some nice fish in the area no doubt but yeah i fish that area some and have caught some nice fish. I have caught some 50's and 60's up close to the osage.

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thats pretty cool Marty. I'll have to look for that one when it comes out. I saw mention of the article in the US cats news letter and ment to say something to Ya at Doc's tourney but time got away from me. Keep on them big ole blues.

I know its a haul for Ya but We'd love to see You come to KC for one of our tourneys. Not nearly as big as Docs but We have a great group and all have a ton of fun with it. for info click the link at the bottom of this post. It'll take you to the KC catfish web site.

7. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Yeah i might half to go to one of those tourney's sometime things are gunna get busy start harvesting corn tommorrow if i get that done i'll get time before bean harvest. i would like to come fish in that part of the river bean to St. Joe a couple of times. I am supposed to take one of Knight & Hales video crews fishing sometime in the next couple of weeks and thats probably going to take a week away. This weekend is Bass Pro tourney so weekends just get booked up in a hurry.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Just keep us in mind Marty. KC is a pretty cool place to fish, and the river has been giving up some hawgs out this way. Good luck at BPS tourney this weekend, hope the harvesting goes well for You folks.

9. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    I saw the picture of the fish in Tombstone Bait and tackle last weekend, It was awsome. I was there picking up four more Surge rods. Two for me and two for a friend. By the way can you suscribe to Catfish Gold. Nice job Marty!

10. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Yes you can subscribe you can also but them in wal-mart and bass pro but if you buy one you can subscribe or you can go to catfishradio.com and they will give you the details.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's cool Marty!

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I would say you definetly showed them a good time Marty. Awesome fish, looking forward to the article. Way to go!

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    So you Westies know, Chamois is definately on the East side of the state. No wonder I got skunked up there this morning. Marty already hooked them all. I went up from Hermann to a little above Bluffton. The dykes I went to fish were under water. I couldnt find them anywhere else. I have caught some good fish up that way so I know they are there.

14. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    I sure would like to catch a fish like that someday.

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good Luck Katina, keep on 'em.:big_smile:

I think we all want a fish like that one.:dribble:

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You can also subscribe at www.dannykings.com

Congratulations Marty, Sounds like a great night of fishing.

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats Marty they will never forget that!