Woman possibly drown---

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flysure1, May 17, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was told by a friend yesterday that a lady who tends bar locally possibly is a victim of the flooded roads, her car was spotted after it had apparently washed off of the roadway along a rural road, she has not been found yet as far as I know and they were trying to get to the submerged car today, there was a family event planned for a child of hers yesterday and she was not there, there is still hope but it doesn't look good, I never knew her close, just from the bar she worked at once in a while, I am hoping for a good outcome.

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    that flood water aint nuttin nice

3. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have not seen it on the news but I was told this afternoon that they recovered the womans body, it is too bad, as posted above flooded roads and all flooded areas are dangerous.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

5. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I finally heard it on this mornings news that they found her in her car, she was 37---sad ending.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a shame. You have to respect the power of water. My prayers go out to her family.

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Untill we moved last year we had a low water bridge. I dont care how deep the water was if the water was over the road I didnt cross it.6 inches of rushing water can move a car.
    smokey

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thats extremely sad. My thought and prayers go out to the family.

9. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I actually posted the ladys age wrong--she was 47, also there is another suspected drowning victim missing, a 71 year old man--this is unreal, this is near the tiny town of London Mills, Illinois, it has a population around 500 people.

10. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey we just never know,prayers out to her family