Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Catfish_Commando, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  2. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    thanks paul for bringing this over from the old site. new site is better.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ray Evernham will have the #10 team next year and Riggs will still be the driver. I will keep the updates on this thread.

4. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Hendrick Motorsports :

This past week, Hendrick named Steve Letarte, 26, to be Gordon's crew chief upon the departure of Robbie Loomis, who is returning to Petty Enterprises for 2006. Gordon and Letarte have been together for nearly 10 years.

D.E.I. :

Tony Eury Jr., who has been crew chief for DEI's No. 15 Chevrolet this season, will be reunited with Dale Earnhardt Jr., who Eury Jr. worked with for eight seasons prior. The two will be paired for the remaining races of the season in preparation for 2006.

Kevin Harvick:

Kevin Harvick will remain one of Richard Childress' employees next season.

Wood Brothers:

Wood Brothers Racing and ST Motorsports have established a partnership that creates a new racing alliance to compete in NASCAR's Nextel Cup, Busch and Craftsman Truck series.
    The partnership, called Wood Brothers/JTG Racing, combines the racing experience of the Wood Brothers, one of NASCAR's oldest teams, and the marketing expertise of ST Motorsports, said Eddie Wood, co-owner of Wood Brothers Racing.
    "We've been working on a plan for the past couple of months to improve the Wood Brothers racing team along with Tad Geschickter and his race team," Wood said Friday. "The concept now in Cup racing is multiple teams. We're creating a partnership that will enable Wood Brothers to expand to two Cup teams, along with Tad's two Busch teams, and two truck teams."
    Wood said Michael "Fatback" McSwain, current crew chief for Wood Brothers car driven by Ricky Rudd, will oversee the construction and setup of the cars. He added that the partnership has already locked up partial 2006 season sponsorship for Rudd's car as well as full sponsorship for two other cars to run in the Busch Series.

Michael Waltrip:

Michael Waltrip is looking for a new NASCAR Nextel Cup ride because he's leaving the Dale Earnhardt Inc. team at the end of the season. The logical answer: Bill Davis Racing, with its existing Toyota Racing Development (TRD) relationship. Waltrip is expected to have a huge presence with Toyota when it goes Cup racing in 2007. If NAPA does not accompany Waltrip to his next Cup car, other possible sponsors include Domino's and Jim Beam. Waltrip's plans include opening his own race shop in Cornelius, N.C.

Sterling Marlin:

Marlin confirmed that he will race the next two seasons for MB2 Motorsports as a teammate of Joe Nemechek. The 48-year-old racer from Columbia will replace Scott Riggs, who is jumping to Evernham Motorsports next year.

Scott Riggs:

Scott Riggs Will Drive No. 10 Valvoline Dodge Charger In 2006 for Evernham Motorsports. Evernham Motorsports and Valvoline entered into a partnership earlier this year for the team which will operate from the recently completed third facility at the Evernham Motorsports complex. Valvoline will be the primary sponsor for the No. 10 Valvoline Dodge Charger for at least 22 races and an associate sponsor for the No. 10 Dodge Charger for the remaining events on the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup schedule.

Mark Martin:

Mark Martin said it appears he will be back in Jack Roush's No. 6 Ford next season, after all.
    "It really looks like I'm going to be in the 6 car next year," Martin said. "It's looking more and more like that all the time."
    Martin, 46, said he had planned to spend next season driving a handful of Busch Series races, as well as racing for his own new team in NASCAR's Craftsman Truck Series. But things got complicated recently when Roush signed Jamie McMurray away from Chip Ganassi Racing.
    McMurray signed for 2007, with the hope that he or Roush could convince Ganassi not to pick up his option for 2006. Ganassi has refused to let McMurray go next season, though, apparently leaving Roush a driver short.
    Instead of trying to find an interim driver, Roush has begged Martin, who came to the Cup series with Roush in 1988, to help him out and stay on for one more year.
    Apparently, Martin has indeed decided to continue in the No. 6 through 2006.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i have been on the prospect for a new driver cause old dj is getting up there in his carrer. well i just didn't care for most of the younger fellas on the circut. even though im 30 i just always liked the veterans. earnhardt sr rudd jarrett and such with jarrett being my all around driver.

jr just has to much publisity for me, stewart is better than before but the first few years did me in on him, harvick. na not after he beat in the hood of rudd with his fists at richmond. bush. no way. jimmie spencer should have got the driver of the year for popping him, lmao. anyway this season and the latter part of 2004 has got me in the running for carl edwards. not much on roush but that boys got tallent. i like drivers for themselves and not thier ownwrs and such. i think im going to co-rute for him till jarrett retires.

wolfman. good to see the garage open again.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jeremy, you can pull for me. I'm doing the Richard Petty driving experience again in November at Charlotte.
    Gotta love them G's. Better then any rollercoaster ride. Going down the backstretch at 180ish and all you see is the concrete wall of turn 3 getting closer.... then its gone. :eek:

If yall have never done it, do it.
    The only recomendation I would make is to ride as a passenger the 1st and maybe 2nd time doing it. Simply because you'll never feel anything close to what its like if you drive it yourself unless of course you have driven race cars before and know how far you can carry it.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    no but it is on that list.

as a matter of fact there is a 4 cylinder hornet circet that is racing at some local tracks here. my friend reced a probe until he flipped it a few months ago and another friend raced a neon in it. there are 5-6 folks from town that do it. i just so happened to have a 4 cyl cavalier that runs fast and good. its got a new aluminum head. used to be the wifes car. its sitting out back and some plans are under way. i may be the next one on the track. just need a welder and a trailer and this cat has a winter project.

8. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Michael Waltrip and NAPA on Friday announced they have entered into a partnership with Bill Davis Racing for the 2006 Nextel Cup Series season.

9. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    David Stremme will take over driving the #40 ride in 2006.

Dave Blaney has beened released after this season. The Richard Childress #07 car is up for grabs for a pilot in 2006.

10. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I think Clint Bowyer will be driving the 07 next season.

11. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I think you are right, Bowyer probably most likely but it could be a surprise like maybe Ward Burton.