Wolf Run

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrollo, Mar 6, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone ever target Wolf Run Lake for Flatheads? It is a fairly small lake, but may have good qualitys to hold flatheads. I rode past it yesterday, and it looked appetizing to me! lol....rollo

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    it is a small lake but they do have catfish in there never caught anything of real good size but alot of eaters . There isnt that much easy to get to bank access either and only a 10 horse limit too on your boat they even release trout at the lake twice a year

3. Myk88

Myk88 New Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    Rollo, I spent an afternoon there last fall bank fishing down near the boat ramp, and all I caught was a 5# flathead. The DNR guy there said he had seen 45# flatties caught there.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the reason I ask, there was a fellow my boss knew, years ago that was a jugger. And he jugged many 40 and 50 pound flatties years back.. Wasn't sure if it was a good fishery still or not, being it is a small lake... i may hit it this summer a night or two instead of senneca... thanks, rollo

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I think we need to get Kenny out there on the lake with a KLONK, and see if he can draw some big flatties into us lol.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The banks are steep. Google a map, the depths are twenty and forty feet! lol Maybe they should stock some blues.:crazy: