Wolf River, Coldwater near Memphis

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI RIVERS TALK' started by patrickgd, Jul 5, 2008.

1. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Does anyone out there have any experience fishing rivers like the Wolf, Coldwater or Hatchie from the bank? If so please tell your experience.

thanks

2. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Oh well I guess nobody here has anything to offer about these rivers. That did'nt stop me from trying though. FYI I caught a 6 lb. channel at the Wolf and my brother Clint caught a 10lb. Flathead at the Coldwater. I got skunked at the Hatchie and had a real hard time finding access to the bank there. Finally found a spot after scouting about around 3 bridges in the Memphis area. Cheers!

Attached Files:

3. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Patrick
    Might try the Hatchie down by the entrance to Lower Hatchie out from Burlison. The river is right beside the road and best I remember in a pretty good outside bend so might be some depth. Might be some other places down there to fish from the bank as well. There is a boat ramp and some pretty good frontage on the Hatchie that is on the refuge land. If you can get on Google Earth try these lat/long and you can see where I am talking about. There are a few other places I saw where some roads also get pretty close. Try 35 36 11.68 N/89 49 23.72 W

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I worked dredging the Wolf when Mud Island was being built. The coast guard station there is a snagg hole. Or it was anyway before we caught all the bouy cable and chains up in the cutter head.Not sheddin bad lite on them but they had dumped a small mountain of junk in the river.:angry:

5. clintpd

clintpd New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pat,
    I think you need to do a post about the dog.

6. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
  7. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Clint welcome to the BOC and Patrick, it sounds like your starting to find some spots, I do not fish those areas so I'm no help there, but keep looking, good luck.