wolf creek on crab orchard

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 187um, Jan 21, 2009.

1. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    any one seen the conditions at wolf creek? or near the spillway?

2. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    open water under bridge only .this low preasure tonight &wind may open it up alittle ............krappiie fisher got her broke up around the docks alot of work for such soft fish u no ..............if u dont GO u dont no

3. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    lot of open water under bridge i mean enough to fish?

4. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    depends on wind? be good time to see how thick ice is i seen it hold a 16: express boat wanting to try.wish i had a 8" boat 100ft. ropeand a LIFE JACKET got the ice drill no i could catah blue gills.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you guys have a boat and want to fish, I would suggest you go to lake of Egypt and fish the north section of lake as close to the cable/bank on the north and east side. Lots of crappie.

6. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    went to crab yesterday mornin fished under the bridge for a bit nothin happinen there was a couple holes cut out around the docks but heavy with crappie fisherman. so needless to say no luck still to much ice i bleeve. ice was starting to give way though good sign! cold weather movin back soon so guess its up to the fishing gods.

7. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL

What Mickey are you trying to tell them where to get BAIT??? LOL!!:smile2::smile2:

8. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    not everybody has a BOAT.. but at lease 187um was out try,n aint that right mickey

9. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    not having a boat shall never stop me i am the epitamy of a fishermans passion. preciate the vote of confidence tunnel! keep an eye on the weather and we will go soon!!

10. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    if u dont GO u dont no ........on my way to crab just got the carbs clened on tunnel hull going to see if that fixed the ruff idol hope it dose . heres to bustn ice

11. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well you go and u will soon know just dont forget to let me know how it goes take a look at wolf creek for me if u dont mind

12. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    greenbier boat ramp 1-23-09
    well, still verythick ice OR i,m into big of a hurry.backed boat in started it .trimmed her up and blowed some ice out the ramp area uno help keep the ramp good,n OPEN . turn arond to be greeted by a concervation officer he ask if the motor was running ok? i say SHE IS NOW!!! he laughed an said of coarse it its a yammaha.......i was hopen i didnt break any laws...hate it when u got pay tickets......the only thing it cost me was two TAIL LIGHT LENS...hahaha dumb *#$ me.........if u dont GO u dont no.........

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I thought they were getting hungry and had the fever to fish some open water. Egypt is good during this time of year. Yes, even for bait.:smile2: