Wolf Creek in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Chris, May 14, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I was just wonderin who all fishin down at Wolf Creek for the 3 eyed fish? I have thought about going down there to fish once I get back to Kansas, I hear they have some decent fishing.

Thanks
    Chris

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That's the cooling lake for the Nuke plant isn't it? I heard that there are some stripers in there, don't know if it is true, maybe some big cats in there...

Aaron

TA2D

3. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Yes, it is the cooling lake at the plant.

chris

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Decent fishing????? how about GREAT fishing!!! The lake is now called coffee county lake. it is a very dangerous lake when the wind picks up, and thats why they close it and call you off the water(if in a boat you have to check out a pager) if The winds are sustained at 20mph

5. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    I think this is the creek up from paynes landing on the kansas side.Don't have my maps with me.Anyway I have fished the mouth of the wolf many times and have done fairly will.Even been up it two or three miles and fished it,lots of good looking cat spots,holes ,trees,brush in the water. but in the spring time it is full of those jumpin carp,I mean last year went up and stired up a 100 or more ,infact the boat was covered in blood and scales when I came back out.My dog buoy go's nuts barkin and runnin from one end of the boat to the other.When i'm up that way I allways stop and fish the mouth......;:cool2: your humble servants beartrap and buoy

6. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I never understood why that lake is so much more treacherous than John Redmond? Pretty much the same lake conditions but without the reputation Coffey County has.