Wohoo! No more goverment cheese!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishcentral, Jul 10, 2006.

1. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Well...it never got that bad but in January I found out I was going to be laid off. I had the opportunity to move to the East coast but making only a lateral move for no more money it didn't make much sense. Since moving back to Oklahoma five years ago I think this is where we want to stay and..man the fishing is great here.:lol: I didn't get laid off till the first of March and I had lots of interviews before I even left my old company. The majority of them, though didn't sound all that too hot and I even turn down a couple of them. A couple of months went by with no interviews or leads and then I thought I found the prefect job. I had three interviews with this guy then they flew me to North Carolina to meet the VP's of the company. I interviewed with 7 people over a six hours. Man I thought I had the job, the money was great but I found out they also flew in one other person. They ended up giving the job to someone with some actual industrial sales experience which I had none of. I had another job that was going to be in Marine Sales that really was a dream come true....traveling to all the lakes in Northeast Okla, Southwest Miss and Northwest Ark. This was truly a dream job had a three hour interview everything looked perfect. The job was ended up offered again to guy currently working in Marine sales. I'll tell you what after losing that job my head was hanging pretty low. There's nothing worse in my opinion than having to take a job just to have one and funds were starting to dry up. I ended up getting a call and interview last week with really great company and I think a great future boss. There going to pay me a lot more than the regular base salary and some pretty nice perks also. I also interviewed over the phone with there VP of sales on Friday and he dangled a nice little carrot in my face. There Western Director of sales will be leaving soon and mentioned with my sales plus mangement experince that I might be interested in it (yes I am).

So It looks like I'll be actually working agian in a couple of weeks. Yeah!!!! You would think with all this time off that I would be fishing every day but between house projects, watching the kids and gas prices still pretty darn high I didn't get out as much as I really wanted. Anyway I never made a post about losing my job but there were some that knew about it and wanted to share the good news. I'll be traveling some good fishing areas again. My territory will cover all of Okla, Northwest Ark and Southwest Miss. The rods will be traveling with me again in the back. Ya need to plan our overnights at really good catfishing lakes.:big_smile:

Thanks

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on the new job brother. I am hoping to find a new one myself soon. Good luck on your new endeavors.

3. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats. I know how depressing it can be to be out of work for a while. Enjoy the rest of your time off!!!!

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats on the new job and big money.

5. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Congrats, and now that you don't have to worry about work. GO FISHING!!

6. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Congrats on the new job! Hope it works out well for you.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris,

Congrats on the new job. I know that you've needed it. Always makes a man feel good to get out and earn a livin.

Good luck in your new position. And if you hear of any IT type jobs, or something that a computer nerd could jump into, let me know. I'm still working, but feel like I'm on a sinking ship.

8. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congratz on the new job. If it falls through there an opening at pier 51 on keystone lake baiting hooks for old lady's and kids and if you get good enough after a few years they will promote you to master baiter Its a dream job also.

9. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the job brother, PM me if they need someone in Ohio.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Having a new job is a great feeling, isn't it? Congratulations. I hope you blow their mind and get the promotion that they were dangling in front of you!

11. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Congratulations! I hope it works out well for you.

12. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Chris, thats great to hear! I couldn't imagine having to start over and its good to hear that opportunity knocked on your door. If your ever over in northeast ark give me a shout a few days ahead of time and we'll see what we can do about finding a blue or few.

Growing up with my grandmother i was addicted to that gov. cheese. Its some good stuff!!!!!:lol:

13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Congratulations! You mention you may end up with a great Boss.. Thats as good as a pay increase

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Chris Im happy for you sir. Good things happen for a reason.J.D.Straka :smile2:

15. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Chris,
    Glad to hear that things are looking up. Been praying for you since that talk we had. God does answer prayer!!
    Hopefully you'll be able to get some fishing in (especially at Keystone next year).
    Good luck, buddy.

16. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    im very happy for you and i hope it all works out well

17. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Fantastic news! Hope it all comes out as good as it sounds for you, brother! I'm fighting for dissability and know what you mean about not getting to go out as much as someone would think they'd get to go!

18. Limbline

Limbline New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations Chris!
    That's great news.

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :smile2: Man Chris that is good news. Sounds like it's a pretty good job, (far as jobs go). Enjoy it and now that you don't have to stew about finding a job you can relax, take a big deep breath, say THANK YOU LORD, and GO(FISHIN) brother :0a22: you've earned it.

20. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Chris, That's awesome news! Congratulations on your new position, I know you will do just great at it.

Now put those 2 weeks to good use and catch a big fish :wink: