Wives and catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by lawnman61, Feb 17, 2006.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    How many of you have wives that go catfishing with you ?
    My wife loves to go fishing for catfish but she also likes to fish for whatever bite her line. She once caught a 3lb. crappie while trying to catfish in lake Arlington. She also had a stringer of fish tide to the rail and they got hung up in some fencing and she went in the lake to get them loose and ended up losing her wedding ring in the lake, now it's a very expensive lake. She was so heartbroken that day but she saved the fish.

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    My wife goes with me all the time.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Lawnman, my wife is my best fishing buddy. Even tho she won't bait her hook take the fish off of the hook, or clean a fish (she does, however, know how to cook 'em up mighty fine), she loves to got out with me, and doesn't mind it at all when I go when she can't.

4. Biker RN

Biker RN New Member

State:
    southern middle TN
    My wife likes to go fishing for cats also. Some times she gets a little bored if the fishing is slow and ends up fishing for little bream. She isn't as much of a fishing fanatic as I am, but she does go alot. Like a lot of women, she is a little hesitant to bait her own hook with some of the nastier baits. Worms, minnows, small bream and the "cleaner" baits are ok, but if we are using livers or stinky dip baits I end up doing all the hook dressing. I always have to take the fish off the hook too. I've seen her walk 300 yards with a fish dangling on the line so I can take the hook out!

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Boy you guys are lucky,very rarley will my wife go and when she does shes ready to leave in 30 min if nothings caught by then.But she dosent mind going to the store to buy some livers or nightcrawlers to bring to me if im running out of bait so i cant complain to much i guess.

6. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    My lovely wife goes with me all the time. She loves it! Like the other wives, she won't bait or take off a fish, and when it gets slow she brings a book to read, but she goes just the same. She gets pretty excited when she hooks one too, it's pretty funny. Here is a pic after one of our short outings. That's her 5# blue on the table and our boat in the background. Boog

[​IMG]

7. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    There's only two things my wife dislikes... everything I say and everything I do.

;)

8. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    That statement sounded familar. By chance are you married to my ex-wife?:frk-big: Is she from Tx?

Frank

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My wife and I used to fish together alot..We work different shifts now and dont get to go together as much as we used to..But we enjoy it when we get out.

10. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not married but my girlfriend of 3 years loves to go out on the river with me. Loves to catch the big ones and just get out on the water. She baits her own hooks, tries to throw a cast net, and will take her own hook out of the fish!!!:cool:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    My wife got her 1st ever fishing license last year and turned into one of my best fishin' partners. I bait the hook for her and unhook the fish she catches but she does the hook settin' and reelin' in on her own. She caught a 25 1/2" Flathead which is now her personal best but I bet she breaks that mark in 2006!

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Best way for me to answer this is.. My wife fished with me last saturday at the fish and camp.:) And even caught 3 blues. 19 lbs 4 oz and down. Cold and had to dig snow out of the boat to go.
    If she is off work and I go fishing she is in the boat.
    PEte

13. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My wife doesnt like the outdoors much. She likes it when I take the boy out fishing. It gives her a break.

Darrell

14. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    My seven year old is with me everytime I go. My wife used to go with us but with a 3 YO and a 5 month baby, she doesn't get the chance to go to often. When the youngest gets a little older, you won't be able to keep her off of the water!:cool:

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    My wife goes fishing with me quite a bit and is welcome 'bout 90% of the time. Sometimes though its just a Guy thing and other times its just a Brad thing and She understand that.

I also have rules about fishing.
    1. Bait your own hooks
    2. remove your own fish
    3. tie on your own hooks/lures
    Adriane is a novice fisherwoman but is learning all the time soon I won't have to babysit her at all!!!! She is My bestfriend, the love of my life, and the only Woman I've ever met that accepted My outdoor obsessions.

16. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Pete,
    Sounds just like me wife. If theres a chance to go fishing, she's there!

17. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    i have been married for almost 7 years and my wife has went fishing with me 2 times,she hates it and thinks its too nasty to get into,she is a pretty woman you know not wanting to get dirty or anything

18. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I dont babysit mine she knows how to fish. I think it's great to have a wife that enjoys a lot of the same things I do.

19. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    For some of us the question is, will your wife LET you go fishing with her. I drive the boat and catch the shad, I also operate the dip net. She does the rest. Once the shad are in the bucket I never touch them again unless I am baiting up with shad she has already cut up. She's there helping clean the fish and she is a pretty fair cook. The reason she helps clean the fish is she don't want me to ruin the fish she put out so much effort to catch.

Yeah! my wife goes fishing with me. ;) :cool: :)

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My wife will bait her own hook and take the fish off, she even gives them a kiss before throwing them back and tells them to go get mommy or daddy fish. She loves to catch the big ones.:cool: