With the Flooding is any one catching fish?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by fishnfool68, Jun 17, 2008.

1. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I'm going fishing today,I was wondering if anyone else has been out since all this rain and if they are biting?I'm prob going below l/d 18 on the nav. channel.I'll post what happens later.I just have to getout and try to catch some cats.I'm going crazy just sitting around the house on my day off:eek:oooh:

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    we have still been doing good up here on the Grand River, drifting or finding less swift eddy's

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am still doing well on the Deep Fork between floods. The flood waters go down and my fishing spots are restocked. Yahoo, works for me. Caught 10 on Sunday in 45 minutes.
    catman george

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When it's like this, I won't even get my boat on the water. I can't afford another lower unit. I just fish at the dam on Ft. Gibson. Did pretty good last week, got enough for a family meal. I'm gonna try it tomorrow, and maybe tonight if I can get away from work early.

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i fished last sat. on kerr, only caught two small blues. it should pick a little in a couple weeks when the blues come off the nest

6. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    No one was catching anything but debris at the dam,over at bluff landing guys useing chicken livers were catching channels of 1lb or less- still it was nice to wet my line maybe I'll do better next time.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My nephew just called me from Ft. Gibson dam. The sand bass are running good and they're still snagging spoonbill. The blues are up in the turbins real thick, 15 to 20 pounders. Of course, I'm stuck here at work and can't get there until tomorrow night. They'll probably have their bellies full by then and I won't cath any, LOL.

8. wwturner

wwturner New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Howdy everyone. New member and new fisherman here. I usually fish the floating dock at Rogers Point in Catoosa. Before the flooding, we were getting at LEAST some bites and even pulled in a few small channel cats and a bluegill, but after the flooding, it seems the only things biting are the shad doing their gymnastics routines on the surface. I've tried worms, liver, spiced up stinky liver, and liver & cheese doughballs, but still no luck. Usual fishing time for me is from 7:30PM to 9:30, later on weekends. I know the cats are supposed to be in spawn right now, but when do they finish making whoopie and start taking rides on our hooks again? haha:0a36:

9. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  10. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Warren, welcome to the BOC.Rogers point is a good place for channel cats. Allen

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    welcome to the boc warren.the blues and flats should start firing up good by the middle to end of july but the channels should be cranking back up.channels seem to nest a litte before the blues and flats or at least they do here.