With all this rain the river has.....

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by bnt55, Sep 25, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
  2. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Went to work this morning river was up maybe 3 or 4 inches.Eight hours later and its out of its banks almost.Ready to hit it hard tomorrow for big cats hopefully.

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bill with all of this rain the ground was so hard that most of it just soaked into the ground. And in order for the river to rise where you and i are at you really need a lot of rain further up the river then you do here. most of the rain systems that have went through here have continued more northernly into the great lakes drainoffs instead of the ohio river drainoffs. thats why the river is staying the same. now anymore rain should start to make the river rise

4. festus

festus New Member

Another 3-1/2" of rain here since daybreak with flash flood watches. I saw where Whitley, McCreary, and Wayne counties in KY are under flood watch also. I have several cousins in these areas.

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you should possibly get a jump now bill with all the rain last night and the fact it went straight up the ohio valley

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I take that back! its already crested and on a fall already! crap!:angry:

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    me 5 1/2 hours saturday night to find fish. I had allot early and couldnt get them into the boat. Had 2 nice ones to the surface that I lost. 1 because I let it get into the motor and my daughter couldnt figure out how to raise the motor, until it was to late. From 10:30-11:30 we caught 10 fish. Biggest being 18#s, most of the rest where around 10