Witchta Lake Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cnwamw, Mar 11, 2006.

1. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    Any one doing any fishing in witchia lake
    I,am lokking for a boat ramp

2. txkatfish

txkatfish New Member

State:
    Holliday, Texas
    the boat ramp is located on lake road off of southwest pkwy. go past the spillway and the ramp will be in the parking lot across from the state hospital. catfish have been good out htere i have heard but have not had the chance to try it out.
    ever need any help around wichita falls, and surruondind fishing areas let me know, i am still learning to. txkatfish@aol.com

3. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Just be careful out there!!
    There is about 4' of SILT on the bottom of the lake.
    It is only 3-4' deep water for most of the lake, 6-8' in the river channel.

4. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    i am going to wait till latter this month so the watr can warm up some

thanks for the help

5. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Lived in Wichita Falls area from 1992 to 2004 til I moved back up here to Illinois, I went to Xray School at Sheppard AFB in 1992 to 1994 and afterwards decided to stay there. Lived mostly in Byers--great community and fished alot in the river there at Byers, miss being there--not from TX. but once you have friends there and leave you begin to miss it.

6. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    I fished alot east of Byers in the little wichita river. Great catfishing there. Hope you dont have a big boat. The ramps in lake wichita are only about 2 feet deep. The city lowered the spillway about 10 years ago making the lake almost unusable. You better have a depth finder on your boat as well because there are areas of the lake in the middle that you will bottom out on.

7. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    We just sold a house last July in BURK didn't care so much for living there--to far from family and friends---which most lived in BYERS,WICHITA and HENRIETTA. Fished Lake Wichita over 10 yrs ago/no luck.

8. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    yeah you guys ar right the water is extremely shallow. barely got the boat in or out of the water