Wish We Had A Pay-River!!!!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jun 26, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wish we had a fenced in section of river somewhere here in Ohio. Current, structure, and good fish! LOL.. In this section, Maybe 5 to 20 miles or 50 miles in length. You can catch the big boys,,,, But..... Yall All had to release em! The section of river would be dedicated to the fish!!! Fundings fed from the illegal netters, liners, payponder suppliers money! :wink: In this large section the fish would be "fair chase" due to the range, natural enviroment, and not fighting over food, or territory!:wink: What ya think????:wink: Be a sweet rule of CPR towards the sport of cattin on a river system for a change!! rollo

2. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    LOL! Well considering the fact that they were honestly considering turning Mad river into a water park ride, I guess anything's possible..... but wouldn't the fencing or netting sorta interfere with the traffic of fish(some of whose very existance depend on having clear passage like the Paddlefish)????

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It would be a way of protecting big fish over a large area! Heck, fence a 35 mile section in for 5-10 years... After them brutes get huge.... extend the fence another 20 miles and give them big boys more room to roam! . It's all about conservation of big breeding fish!...:wink: rollo

4. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    Good luck with your thoughts

5. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Could you imagine the logjam that would collect on that fence!!! :big_smile: I wouldn't have to pay for the bigguns, there would be some on the other side:smile2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It ALL has to start with Optimism!:wink: rollo

7. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    YOU CAN NOT FENCE THE RIVER!!!!! TO MANY BODIES FLOATING DOWN FROM THE NORTH WILL JAM UP THE NETS....
    AH SECOND THOUGHT GO A HEAD, THEY WILL HELP FEED THE FISH.:smile2::smile2:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    great thought Rollo, glad you said it, and not me!...I am all for making every square inch of every river like that.

9. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    only downside is that the ohio is not meant for the fish anymore :( it's channalized and meant for transportation now. it would work if it was like the missisisppi and had cuts and seperated channels, but too many barges rely on that pathway now aday :(

10. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    ya went and done it now gave the powers that be and new way to take our money lol a government pay river

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rollo I like the way you think. Good idea. I would like to be on the policing end to see that it was enforced. I know the pay will be staggering. Probably need a 50 cal mounted on the front of the boat.:wink:

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    That is a thought for sure. While in W.Va. some years back there was a trout stream that was designated Catch and Release only!!! To fish it you could only use barbless hooks artificial bait only and release all trout. It was strictly inforced. I'm sure there could be something like this done for catfish, with the exception of the artificial bait of coarse. It would be an improvement at least.:wink:

13. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    that would be awsome!!!! i would definately line up!!! shane

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I believe that is basically how the red river has become such GREAT FISHERY FOR TROPHY, sized channel cats, strict laws, and strict enforcement.

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Rollo I would agree 100% with you on the river idea but in a perfect world we know that someone in some way would mess it up an of course the big ones would be gone/stolen. Too many creative minds out there now an of course the all mighty dollar to sell to these pay ponds. Where there is a dollar sign there is an opportunist.

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Just come up with some kind of chemical/toxin that taints the meat of flatheads but don't affect the fish and all fish will be released!

If eating a flathead makes you violently ill, it would deter some from feasting!:smile2::cool2:

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just a crazy thought of mine that will never happen!:smile2: rollo

18. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Why pay to fish a river when you can fish it now for free. Them big boys are in there, just got to go find them, no need to fence them up

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    It is, I pay 70$ a year in licenses to fish it...LMAO:smile2::wink: