Wish today was the day of the tourney!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, Aug 26, 2008.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Went out this morning with my baby girl and well, I sure wish the tourney was today instead of last Saturday! Bait was a breeze, and then caught 9 total fish, 5 of which were over 30 pounds! That's right, 5 of them were bigger than the little girl that was with me! :smile2::smile2: When I landed the first pig, I realized that I had forgotten the camera at home! :angry:

I guess I was to worried about NOT forgetting all the drinks and snacks for the little fart that I plum walked out of the house without it! Oh well, now I have a nice little sunburn and the stench of cut bait all over me! :roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

I sure wish I was still out there! :roll_eyes::big_smile::smile2::smile2:

2. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If they were only 30lbs, would they have been big enough for you to keep in the tourney or would you have released those dinks as well?:smile2:

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Good Stuff Bill!:wink: Camera's are overrated anyway!:smile2: I'm thinking about heading up yall's way this weekend. The fishing down here has slowed down alot. You guy's going out?

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That would have been a tough decision, I guess I would've consulted with my partner Stitch! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I am thinking about going out tomorrow, I am scheduled to get sliced open on thursday morning at 10:30am :sad2::confused2::angry:......................then on Friday I will be going to the future in-laws for the weekend. I want to get as much fishing in as possible...:roll_eyes::big_smile:

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    way to go rat thats awsome catch and wonderfull your little girl was with you she will be talking about that for years and years !!!!!!! congrats:wink:

heck with the cammera would of been a awsome video and tv show :big_smile::big_smile:

get well soon buddy best wishes to ya

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah Billy Bob... Hope you have a fast recovery..

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Bill, congrats on a great day of fishing buddy!

9. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Bill your the man. :worship::worship::worship: Way to show that little girl a great time. Best wishes with your surgery and to a speedy recovery. Ya gotta get back to catching those hawgs. Sorry your gonna miss the Shootout. Wish ya could of made it. There is always next year.

PS. Have a great wedding and even a better honeymoon. :wink:

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Thanks guys, I sure wish I would've had the camera today, to get some pictures of Skylar and those fish would have been great! She kept asking me about where they were going when I put them back in the water, I told her that they go back to their home, then she ask "to their family" and I'd chuckle and tell her yeah! It was so much fun! :roll_eyes: I guess there will me more to come!

As far as the surgery, this should "HOPEFULLY" be a quick recovery, it's on my wrist. The shoulder surgery in December is the one I'm NOT looking forward to. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

Been there done that, at-least you are getting it in the winter. you b ready for the summer bite again :wink:

12. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    congrats RAT!!! and good luck with those upcoming surgeries!!

13. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Nice job Bill! Good luck with the surgery. I think a few of us could get you back on the water soon after. I don't mind throwning the net for bait or reeling the fish in for you!!! :big_smile: Give me a couple more weeks and we'll get out there in the new boat.

14. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow Bill. I knew you liked to put a hurtin on the cats, but I never imagined they would put such a hurtin on you.:smile2: Good luck with the surgeries and congrats on the good day fishing.

15. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Yea,Yea,Yea
    all i hear outa you and h is about that boat that is on its way
    WE'll see

16. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck with the surgery Bill. Make sure if he gives you stitches to keep Kyle away from the knots.

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yea, yea, yea
    all i hear outa you is about that job that is on it's way
    WE'll see

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I hate it when tom uses my own words against me

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Well, how did the interview go..

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Still no Word back from them (no news is good news)