wisconsin

Discussion in 'LOCAL WISCONSIN TALK' started by STALLIONDUCK, Jun 10, 2008.

1. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    does anybody have any advice or tips or baits to use for channel cats in wisconsin

2. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    does anybody have any tips or rigs or baits for flatheads in wisconsin

3. GoCatGo

GoCatGo New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I only fish the Mississippi River here in Wisconsin and I use an 8/0 Owner hook with a no-roll sinker ranging from 1 to 4 oz. On that rig the 3 baits I prefer are bluegills, bluegills and more bluegills ranging from 5" to 7 1/2". Good luck................

4. CatOly

CatOly New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    For channel cats, use an egg sinker or no roll sinker. Tie on a steel leader to hold the sinker on the line. Pick up some stink bait tube worms. You can buy these bait holders with line on them. Tie a good loop in the end and attach it to the leader. Make sure the bait holder is dry when you put it in the stink bait.

5. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    Im not sure where at in wisconsin your fishing but i run the mississippi on pools 11 and 12 and use shad ALOT. get yourself a thrownet and learn to throw it well. you won't have to buy much bait at all!

6. Jay Jay

Jay Jay New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Channel cats bite on most anything , start with stink bait ,nightcrawlers , cut bait , minnows , suckers etc. Be aware of the new laws on transporting live bait from other waters , its illegal unless its from a sanctioned bait dealer , I like to use a small silver spinner in addition to my bait ,works well Try the Wolf river ,three way swivel rig . later jay jay

7. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Here in WI 4 the rivers start with crawlers catch a sheepshead and cut it up small chunks. Then I love circle hooks my set up is a med rod 10lb line slip sinker rig then sit and wait let the rod bend over pick it up fish on

Don't sit your pole on a stick it will go LOL been there

? dlnedster@yahoo.com

8. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    SUCKERS AND MORE SUCKERS

ALWAYS USE SUCKERS