Wisconsin Muskie season opener For the Northern part of state

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by gunner243, May 19, 2009.

1. gunner243

gunner243 New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Well it's that time of year for the opener of the muskie season. I can't be the only one around here that fishes these critters.
    This one was a few years ago ( 43 1/4 25 pounds 6 oz) on 12 pound test.
    [​IMG]

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My partner and I spent many hrs on the water near the U.P. Wis border.About the time they were looking for Jimmie Hoffa. We watched them look around the woods of an Summer home he stayed at, they even drug the lake.
    .We never got a fish to the boat, heck just had two fish on. But still we did it,and enjoyed ourselfs for the most part.Good catch
    smokey

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    It has been five years since I last fished for Musky. That's going to change this year. My wife and I have a Boundary Waters trip planned this summer. Nice fish

4. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Very nice fish. I am blessed to have great muskie fishing here on the New River and have landed 13 so far this season.

Attached Files:

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Well, I was fishing Northern Pike in North Mn last weekend, got a 44 in muskie, by accident, probably a once in a lifetime fish, but the season wasn't open yet. My luck. Game Warden not happy either. Didn't keep it, but maybe someday I will get another opportunity during the season.