Wisconsin Golfing

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Madtownangler, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I'm hunting an abandoned golf course this year. In this picture I'm holding my buddies 30/06 semi-automatic sand wedge. It's been at least twenty years since anyone drove a golf cart through here.

Attached Files:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some buddies of mine just got back from an elk hunt in Colorado. They didn't kill any, but came back with pictures of an elk herd that took up residency on a golf coarse, just laying around with a smirk on their face because they knew they were safe.

3. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I lived out there for about ten years. I first lived near a small ski resort by Granby, Colorado that put hay bales out by the back of the main hotel. The elk would walk out every morning and feed while all the guests would walk out to the ski lift. They had something called Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) that the elk and deer where getting out there. Some people out here imported some deer from Colorado out here to a private game farm and they got out and infected our whitetail in southern Wisconsin. It's what really happened, but not mentioned in the papers very often. So now we have all these early seasons to go deer hunting in my area that they don't have in northern Wisconsin. You have to shoot a doe first to earn a buck tag and can get up to four tags a day. If you shot a doe last year, you earn a buck for this year.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Good luck Dan, Hope ya get a "hole in one".
    :wink: