wisconsin cold weather catfish

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by wisccatfishguy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. wisccatfishguy

wisccatfishguy New Member

State:
    wi
    can the cats still be caught been skunked the last 3 times out at night about 6 hour a piece. Tried all different baits help!!!!!!!!!!

2. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I don't know where you are but I got into a bunch of channels last week, in Iowa. Find warm water and bait.

3. wisccatfishguy

State:
    wi
    i was in the mississippi in trempleau and in the black river in wisconsin i was before the storms during and after. more storms on the way. we were fishing in about 40' of water off of a dam part time and under a railroad bridge no luck. we used cut and live bait and chicken liver no luck . wondering about la crosse on mississippi if anyone had advice?

4. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    It's an awesome area. I've visited but never really fished there. I predict the fish will be stacked up in some little dam or spillway where there's warm water dumping in and the bait's all stacked up. It's too cold for them to be fighting a ton of current.

5. wisccatfishguy

State:
    wi
    when is the water to cold to fish for catfish? I dont have a boat so all i do is bank fish. How can i find warm spots in the water? are they by dams? I fish off of what they call "the wall" in trempleau on mississippi. it is 38-41 feet deep. they have a marker on the wall. It is kinda a big dead spot behind a wall at the bottom of a lock and dam. do you fish the mississippi much?

6. wisco_fisher

wisco_fisher New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    For the most part it's just too cold. They are less active in these kind of temps, you can still find em ,but you pretty much have to drop the bait right on top of them.