WISCONSIN BOC, where are you?

Discussion in 'LOCAL WISCONSIN TALK' started by MilwaukeeCatHunter, Apr 8, 2006.

1. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey guys, WI is not represented very well in the BOC, or WI members are just not making themselves vocal enough on the site. If anyone is a WI BOC member, can you go to MEMBER MAP on the toolbar above and throw a pin on the map so we can see who is on the site? So far, I think Dnedster and myself are the only ones with a pin. Also, do a post on this thread if you want.

Lets try and do a recruitment drive in WI so we can get more input from people in our area. Post some info at your local sports stores to get the word out. Maybe buy a hat or t shirt from the BOC store to do some indirect advertising while you are out and about. It would be nice to eventually get a WI BOC gathering up and running in our neck of the woods.

2. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I'm in downtown Madison right between Lake Mendota and Lake Monona. Everyone here fishes for walleye and perch. Not much interest in rough fish like catfish and carp :+) I like catching 100 pounds of carp in a few hours when my friends come to work and brag about the twenty perch they caught.

3. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I hear a lot of people going for walleye and muskie out there on the lakes. I am also a member of Muskies Inc, and I think they hold some tournaments on Lake Mendota? I would have assumed more interest in catfish though. Glad to hear from you.

I am metro Milwaukee...I hit alot of the rivers around here. (Milwaukee, Menomonee, etc.) I run into quite a few catfish anglers at certain points along the Milwaukee River. Hopefully, wearing my BOC hat will spark some interest in membership.

4. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Check out info on D & S bait here in Madison. They are well known for musky fishing and have some real good guides. We have Lake Wingra only a couple of miles away from here and the muskies will jump the spillway from the river into the lake to spawn. It's cool seeing a 40"+ musky swimming in six inches of water about fifty feet long.