Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had to replace the key switch and now can't get the nav lights to work. The order of the terminals on the new switch going clockwise is M, B, M, I, S with C in the middle. The wires I have are red, black, purple, yellow with red stripe, and two yellow with black stripe. I have had the red on battery, black on magneto, purple on ignition, yellow with red stripe on the start, and one yellow with black stripe on the choke, and the other on the second M terminal. The motor chokes,starts and runs good, however the battery runs down even with the key off and the nav lights won't work. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the motor is a 1987 50 hp merc. Thanks

· Registered
508 Posts
Could be that you have a dead short going to the lights. May have worn a hole in the wire somewhere and by moving them around making it stay shorted all of the time. Or could have possibly pinched it somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.