Wiring In India

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by randallewis, Aug 25, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
  2. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    It kills me when they say their name is Frank,or larry,or Mike,or James,or Mary,or Linda knowing thats not the truth. :eek:oooh:

3. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Its true. Calls are farmed out overseas. At least AT&T calls are. When I was having trouble w/ a fast access Bell South modem. My call was directed to India. I can't hear very well and he couldn't speak English very well. We managed to turn a 15 min project into 1 hr and 15 min. I don't think it helped much when my wife gave AT&T a light cussing on the extension phone.

4. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i guess it never fails,when we need some dirty work fixed we send it overseas lol it is a shame we dont have more people here who can help out with computer problems,and they only probably dont get paid enough to put up with a lot of "what did you say"? lol thats where the lazy kids come in lol all they hafta do is type on the computer and it tells them how to walk them through it! lol its not brain surgery! even lindsay lohan's rehab needing butt could actually do that job!! and britney's problem is she needs a REAL job then she wont have the money to buy all the booze and act like a stuck up princess all the time, she wouldnt have time! :crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

maybe someday we can take control of all the overseas "help" and put our own kids to work instead of being on DR. PHIL their butts are on technical support! lmao ah what a world that would be lol :crazy::smile2:

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    How would you like to be the lineman working on that:eek:oooh: It is a shame that we can't keep those jobs over here.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Sad thing, but its true.

I am a tech. I don't get paid anywhere near what I should for the skills that I have. No, I don't do the point, click, read script, click no it didn't fix it, read next script. I actually KNOW about computers and how to fix them. I do understand companies sending the jobs to india though. They can pay a tech in the US $9.00 an hr or in India pay 9 techs *(all with college educations)* $1.00 an hr

Which one makes more $$$$ sense???

To me, just the added ability to "SELL" my product by saying the support is 100% US based, would be enough to keep it here in the US though. People are willing to pay more for a product, or pay for support if they can speak to someone in the US.

7. sparky806

sparky806 New Member

State:
    Shawnee Kansas
    and here's the man that keeps it working

Attached Files:

8. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Thats a great post. Looks like that tower in the background in a modern satellite tower.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    At one time it was fun but now a pain in the butt. I do without these days. Keep it simple or be willing to spend the bucks.