wirenet baiting tip

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Bayoubear, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    Here's a tip I figured out that may be of use to ya'll. When filling my meshbags with stinkycheese or whatever I got tired of using more than one piece of twine to tie the bag in the wirenet to hold it suspended in the middle of the trap.

using those itty bitty bungee cords just bunch up the bottom of the meshbag, tie the bungee in a square knot over the bunched up part and hook it to the sides of the cage. This, combined with the top cinch tied off to the cage also provides three points of attachment so that no matter how the wirenet trap falls to bottom the meshbag wont be touching the side of the thing and thus the fish will have to enter the wirenet to get up to the meshbag.

will try to attach a pic to this too.

Attached Files:

2. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    tip part two....

for the top part of the meshbag in lieu of the little cinch cord use a small bungee cord as well. u only have to tie it in half of a square knot as the tension holds it in place and quick to back off to refill meshbag. i wanted to try this out first before i posted it here. now rebaiting the meshbags is a snap, not to mention now its got four points of attachment.

happy fishing...
    chad

3. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    great tip have to try this one