Wipe your hands or not?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dankitch, Dec 29, 2006.

1. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I have a question for everyone. When I go fishing I bring a hand towel or a small towel to wipe my hands with. The guys I work with think that is stupid. What is the general opinion about this.

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Use the bread from your sandwich while eating it. flavor is everything. LOL.

I do like to have a rag with me.
    My wife got tired of me using my blue jeans:wink:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I use a rag, and also carry a small box of those prepped handwipes from an auto parts store. They will remove slime, dirt, grease, and smell. :big_smile:

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i just get an ild dish rag and use it over and over
    it looks gross but it gets the fresh blood/slime off until im done fishing then i can clean up with something better at the truck when im sure not to be touching fishing bait or equipment.
    i actually found some fishing towels that had the likes of ABU
    penn etc on them and picked up a couple for my son and i .
    ive seen some fishermens/outdoorsmen soap at wallyworld i will buy this spring and try it.

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont see whats stupid about that, in fact I wish I would remember to bring a rag on every trip.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Rinse hands in river wipe on rag. Done! LOL! Keep a bag of em in the boat. Go to yard sales and pick off towels and cut em up. Use one trip and throw away.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I keep a couple with me and "wash" as needed in the body of water I am fishing. Makes a great chum slick after a couple of trips, lol.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i use those red shop towels all the time

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I would treasure the opinions of the "guys" that you work with.They sound like a excellent source for what not to do.This is just as valuable as a good source for what to do.Your hands,your fishing trip.Lick them clean or take a sink and a blow drier.What you like or enjoy is what matters on your trip.Do you fish to make you or them happy?peewee-williams

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I keep several towels on my boat and bring a towel in my tackle bag when bank fishing. It really is nice to have in colder weather to get your hands dry so they don't freeze from being wet!

11. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    i use red shop rags or old towel i cut up

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I think catfishermen definitely need a towel or rag when fishing. It just isn't a clean sport. Catfishing is the one time I don't mind being dirty.

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I use cut up towels as well, but also have handi-wipes for the really nasty stuff.

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tell your friends that if they cleaned up once in a while, girls might finally take inerest in them. A haircut couldn't hurt anything either. Also, if they don't take a rag fishing with them, they probably aren't used to catching any fish. LOL!! Cleanliness is next to godliness.

15. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    never leave home without them ... red shop towels or when they go on sale at the hardware store, I buy bags of 50 hand, cotton towels (different colors). Can find them also labeled as "disposable paint towels". Packs easy in the boat or tackle box.
    Take a co-worker or two fishing, get'em slimed ... then tell them you have a $5.00 towel for sale. :)

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have some shop rags in the boat. Some fish are really slimey.
    Bill

17. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Danny, I think alot of it depends on who does the laundry at your house :big_smile: Who cares what the guys at work say?
    Day-or-two old fish-gut encrusted jeans are not a pleasant surprise for the laundry-person :tounge_out: We rinse our hands in the minnow bucket and use rags!

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use a dish towel that has a button on a crocheted strap that hangs on a kitchen drawer. I thread it through my belt loop and it is always at hand. Oh sure I would like a fancy fishing towel, but then I would just loose it! lol Years ago I just wiped on my shirt and britches, boy you could tell that I went fishing with liver. lol Now days its hard to tell if Ive been fishing at all, must have something to do with getting older? lol :wink:

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    When Catfishing I like those handi wipes:big_smile:

20. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Have to have something to clean your hands with especially whe catfishing as catfishing is the messiest when it comes to fresh water fishing IMO. I also keep a bottle of that fishermans soap. Very useful after using stink bait.