Winton Woods

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JBrooks, Jul 7, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Any good spots to get Bullhead here? I've caught them here before, but few and far between. I get gills no problem also. I think that's all this lake produces ..

2. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught some by the damn which is a far way from the boat house, but it is still few and far between like you said. I would be interested to know myself.

3. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Truth be told, I get almost all mine from there....almost.

The only lake I know of that is better, is A.J. Jolly lake down in northern KY. That lake is a mud hole, belly producing lake. Many years of my youth I spent at that lake catching bullhead all day long for fun, and I still do it.:smile2:

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Care to tell me where you're catching them at Winton Woods lake? I'd like to get ahold of a dozen or so. :D:D

5. autogyroenthusiast

autogyroenthusiast New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the bank fishing area not near the boathouse, the opposite end of the kayak ramp where the steps go down from the sidewalk. stand and face the main part of the lake throwing your bait about 10 foot out and about 7 foot off shore and parallel to the shore. use red worms, hot dogs and/or bread dough mixed with cereal and some vanilla on the bottom. 7-9 AM. you will catch carp too, but i've caught as many as 15 bullheads in an hour there. it's overfished there but they still show up. good luck.

6. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What he said...lol:wink:

7. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Lol, kind of confusing man!
    Are you talking about by there they park the pontoon? Or over more, where there is 3 - 4 benches and it goes into a swell by the lake?

The stairs I'm talking about .. if you're walking down them and look to your right, there's a rock bed, and to your right is the concrete sidewalk to fish off of .. with a kayak landing at the end.

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bet there has to be some good spots you can only get to by boat. I will have to check it out they let you bring your own kayak or canoe and put in there for free.

9. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Going there in an hour once I get off of work to see how it goes.

10. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Well, any luck catching them elusive bellys?