Wintertime

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Ruffneck, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Ruffneck

Ruffneck New Member

State:
    De Soto, Missouri
    Can anyone give me some info on fishing the power plant in Labadie?

2. shadcat

shadcat New Member

State:
    Marthasville Mo.
    I fish that part of the river all the time. That is a excellent place to fish during the winter time. I fish the mouth of the shute where the hot water meets the cold water. You will need a heavy anchor to keep you in place. I use fresh cut shad or fresh cut drum for bait. Their is alot of big blues caught their and also you can catch some big stripped bass when they start running. You need at least 50 lbs test line ,I found out the hard way 2 years ago. I had 3 of them break my line in the same day using 30 lbs test. It is not hard to catch a 20 to 30 pounder in one day and every now and then you catch a nice flathead. I have not been out their this year yet because my boat is in the shop. If you have a boat I will be more than happy to go fishin with you and show ya.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Ben, you dont have to limit yourself to the hot water shute. There is good fishing in the cold water too. Just work your way around the calmer water around the dikes. I fish from the confluence to Hermann. I usually put in at Weldon Springs though. I really like winter fishing. Bob

4. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Please tell me more. What time of year? Are they common? Where do the come from? I have done some striper fishing in the past and would love to get on 'em again. Thanks in advance..

5. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    thanks for the help guys i will pass the info on to ben he is working alot and does not have alo of spare time

6. Gone Fishin'

Gone Fishin' New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How exactly do I get to the waters by the Labadie plant from land? I am from Warren County and don't have a boat. I would love to do some winter fishing!
    Thanks
    Kevin

7. cougar

cougar New Member

State:
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    I can't help you on directions, but I find a lot of fishing hole accesses by going to google maps. Type in (maps.google.com) and enter the location then click on Hybrid and it will show you a satalite image and highlight the roads. It even works down at the lake were the roads are hidden from the trees. I've used this for fishing and hunting. Good luck!

8. Gone Fishin'

Gone Fishin' New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Cougar. I tried the site and it worked great. Hopefully will go do some exploring on foot this weekend
    Kevin

9. cougar

cougar New Member

State:
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    Good Luck! Let us now how you do.