Wintertime clothing , Artic Armor

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by restorerancientiron, Jan 9, 2010.

1. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I seen this the other day and was wondering if anyone has heard of it.It's called artic armor , supposed to be real warm and the insulation is supposed to be a 1.5 mm or about 3/16 of an inch.Not bulky at all , but the kicker is it floats.It is a pair of bibs and a parka and they come in a few colors.I went ahead and bought a camo one with some Christmas cash ,hopefully I won't be sorry.I always layer up but hate being bundled up where it restricts your movement. They have some good video's of it in action as well.Here is the website link.http://www.idigear.com/video.php

2. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Havent used it but am curious to how well it works. Please keep us informed

3. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for sharing Dennis. Being out in freezing conditions a few weeks back made me realize how weak my winter -armor was. I realize that this particular and quite frankly all extreme outer wear is expensive, but more and more appealing due to the protection it offers. To be well insulated and comfortable is getting to be a well investment, as these manufactures have caught on to. The thing that catches my eye on this particular brand is the buoyancy. You can never be to safe. Please let us know how you like your new setup...

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have an artic armor suit, very warm, light weight, comfortable.went out last week in 18 degrees, 15 mph or so wind,no longjohns just pants and tee shirt, the suit kept me warm, no need to wear lots of layers. Haven,t checked out the floating part of it, I will take there word. They are pricey, but do work. I had some issues with there warranty policy's but other than that a very nice piece of equipment.

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That stuff looks nice but it is a bit pricey. I have a gor-tex suit with no insulation I use pretty much year round, but in the winter I have to put on three pairs of pants under it and can barely move. I would love to try some of this stuff. I usually can't wear this type of suit though because I have really short legs and almost nothing fits. :(

6. restorerancientiron

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Thanks for sharing your experience.So far I have heard good reviews about their suits.I still have my old faithful gore tex columbia parka and bibs that I use for waterfowling but it is getting old and needs to be replaced.I was gonna have to shell out money so I thought that I would try this ,I like the floating aspect of it without being bulky.I will keep all posted on how well it works , I am hoping it will be here by the weekend.Also it pays to shop around , I found a deal that through in the gloves and had free shipping.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That stuff is new technology and it amazes me how well it keeps me warm. Retaining body heat is what's made for.

I used to wear like 3 sweatshirts when fishing in really cold weather. Now all I need is 1.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dennis thanks for sharing the video links and info. I may be in the market, if I can find any to fit me that does not need to be altered.

9. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Artic armor did have some on sale for a little over 200 bucks, think they were Green Bay colors.

10. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I sell polypropylene underwear on ebay. some of my regulars have started asking about this new light weight stuff they say it is really good. thin and light weight. My supplier does not make it yet but is looking.

11. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    So true. Please fully test that there arctic armor. I realize the garments float. I just wanna make sure they float with YOU in them before I buy a set. ;) And, thanks for taking one for the team! ;)

12. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    After watching each of the videos I wish I could add more than one 'Thanks'.

13. restorerancientiron

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I did get the suit in Thursday.I can say one thing they are oversized for sure, according to the chart I needed somewhere between a XL and a XXL.I am 6'1" and weight 260 so I was worried about ordering a XXL.This was just right for me with more than enough room for two or three layers if needed.They are thin and light as well.As the temps have gotten above 40 today I will have to test the warmth out later.As far as the buoyancy that test will come much later, I hope.Say in the late spring as I live eight miles from the lake and it is not a ride I care to take cold and wet.Here is a Link to the place I ordered mine from.I will give a honest review once the weather comes back in.The reason I ordered it was for the Early Feburary gathering on the Cumberland , so it will be tested by then.
    http://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=135&rn=2522&action=show_detail