Winter

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bomber, Jan 2, 2008.

1. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    What are some good places for Winter Catfishing. I normally dont fish in the Winter except a few times and thats normally just to run to boat a little. I live near downtown Columbia but I consider Murray my home lake. I also go to Wateree which is a 30 min drive but usually not till spring. This winter I was going to try to get out a little more. Any advise will be appreciated. I also wanted to say I enjoy reading the post and the fishing reports from other people.

2. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    hey!!! if your not fishing Murray all winter, you are truly missing out!! the fishing is great all winter!! it's better in the winter than it is in the blazin heat of summer!!! how big or small is your boat?? fishing in the river systems here is great right now and has been for months!! and will be for the rest of the winter!! just put lots of clothes on!!

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    We fished on Wateree yesterday, the bite wasnt the best, but the wind was terrible. Ive heard that the fishing only gets better from now untill spring for big fish, and the little ones can be caught all year long.

4. bomber

bomber New Member

State:
    SC
    Tony,

I have a 1978 Bomber bass boat and usually put in at pine island. I assume you mean the river above the lake. Thats a long ride by boat but thanks for the advise.

5. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    yeah that would be a long boat ride!! you could try fishing in the big cove around jakes landing! theres some good cattin in there, also six mile cove is good and on either side of sandy beach!! we catch some really nice size channel cats in there on jiggin spoons all winter long!! find the bait and the cats are always close by. good luck!!