*Winter Wonder Land*

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by monimoon, Jan 18, 2008.

1. monimoon

monimoon New Member

State:
    NC
    *Winter Wonder Land*

Hello everybody! I hope all of you wonderful people here on the BOC had a fun time with the snow we got in NC Thurs. I hope none of yall had any hard times and were able to enjoy it has much as me and my family did. More is coming in tonight so get your groceries. It’s supposed to snow pretty much all day Sat. I love seeing all things pure and white. I grew up in Fl. and have lived here in NC. for 14years I love to see winter, but come April I’ll be glad to see it go. Thought I’d share a link with you guys hope you like (if you haven’t already seen it) check out these cute little critters coping with winter.

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=9543&collection=topstory&nav=topstory&from=wxcenter_video

2. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We got a couple of inches here in the foothills of NC thursday night. I hope their right about more on saturday, I'll take all we can get

3. monimoon

monimoon New Member

State:
    NC
    I hear ya there DC. Here in the mountains we got 3 inches Thurs. We haven’t seen a good snow like that in a few years. The last two years we’ve only got a dustin here or there and poof! It was gone. My son got a sled two years ago and we were finally able to use it Thurs. we had a blast!!
    :smile2::roll_eyes::big_smile:

4. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Hey Monica, send some over to KY. I love snow, but all we have gotten so far is a dusting. We used to get alot more, but recently not much. When I was born, a hundred yrs ago, the snow was so bad my daddy had to take my mom out to the end of our road on a tracker and wait for the milk truck to pick them and take her to the hospital. Maybe that is why I love snow!!!
    :big_smile:

5. monimoon

monimoon New Member

State:
    NC
    I’ll try my best River, but I think I’m gonna be stingy with all I get LOL!:smile2:

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    just dosnt look like good fishing weather :smile2:

7. monimoon

monimoon New Member

State:
    NC
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: LOL!! Sorry

Throw a snow ball at some one! lol That'll make ya feel better!

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Afternoon Monica!
    First of all, thanks for sharing that link. Some beautiful animals there! I got a kick out of seeing zebras in the snow :smile2:.

I was SO happy to finally see some of it around here. Didn't get out to play, because it turned to freezing rain/rain yesterday. BUT, I was up all night Thurs. nght/Fri. morning checking and watching :big_smile:. The first snow of the year always excites me, especially when it's been this long! I'm like a big kid.......

I went out and measured what fell at my house yesterday morning as it was changing over to sleet. I had 3 1/4" here in NW Hickory. Been watching the weather report myself, and it does seem a trip to the store is in order. I didn't go the other day - and if I don't get there sooner rather than later, there won't be a gallon of milk or loaf of bread to be found. Ah, the nuttiness of southerners before a snowstorm. (I AM one, grew up here, but I still think we're crazy :crazy:.) Like you though, I love the white stuff.

Linda, normally I think us NCers are pretty generous folk. But I'm with Monica on this one, you can't have any of our snow :wink:!

9. monimoon

monimoon New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Cat, we need to keep all our snow! LOL! :tounge_out: Fun Fun!

Your right about the milk, I’m glad I got ahead of the game, when I went shopping Tues. it looked like Christmas Eve all over again at Wal-Mart. lol
    It’s was racing time with all those women with their shopping carts. :smile2:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

8 am......supposed to be here, NOTHIN'. 10 am......still supposed to be here, NOTHIN'. 12 pm......started to rain. 2 pm......it's HERE!!! Much slower moving storm system than they predicted - but snowing outside right now. The temp is still too high for it to lay at the moment, but with the cold front comin' in it probably won't be long :big_smile:. My youngest golden had really never seen snow until the other day. It was so funny, he came out of his doghouse and stood stone still for a couple of minutes before he ever made a move. It really WAS a winter wonderland for HIM. On the other hand, Blossom (his grandma) was out shovelin' her nose around, throwing it up in the air, and running (the best she can, she's 14 with arthritis/bad vision) up and down the lawn. Fastest I've seen that dog move in several months, but she's always loved snow. Used to even enjoy sledding with me, she'd hop right on for a quick trip down our neighborhood hill.

Monica......due to procrastination (aka BOC addiction), I didn't get to the store until pretty late last night. Someone had restocked the milk, but all four/five 20' long shelves of the "regular" bread was GONE. However, I'm a-gonna have me a fancy schmancy grilled cheese after while, made with Pepperidge Farm sourdough bread :smile2:.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Update on the BIG storm: Winter Wonderland - NOT!!! It quit snowing a couple of hours after it began, the temperature is still 34, and I'm disappointed :sad2:. Seems to be all around us, but not here. Guess the weatherman can only get it right once a week :smile2:.

There are gonna be some icy roads in the next few days however, with the temperatures supposed to drop so drastically. Y'all be careful out there!