Winter...When My Rods and Reels Take Over

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 18, 2009.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've got a very understanding wife. She doesnt complain (at least not too much) when I buy gund, reels or rods. There was the one time last year when she hit to roof seeing two gun safes in the bedroom. Yes.... I really thought she wouldn't notice.

Anyway for the last month now I've had aprox 30 rods and 30 reels (Abu's of coarse!) spread around the house. Some are in the kitchen, some are in the living room, some in the closet, some in the bedroom, I even saw one in the bathroom.

I dont know why I do it, but in the winter bring them in, re spool them (seems like I re spool my reels 3 or 4 times a year), then I try to match them up differently. This whole process usually takes a couple months. And if that's not bad enough, just wait until I start bringing in tackle bags with hooks, sinkers and other terminal tackle such as swivels and sinker slides.

It's like all the good stuff in the garage makes its way inside in the winter! :crazy::smile2:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bryan you better give the wife some attention before you turn down the bed covers to find noting but rod and reels. Flowers and Dinners out would be a good start.:wink:

3. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I DO THE SAME THING, I GOT RODS AND REELS ALL OVER THE HOUSE

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I'll probally have all mine out this week as well. Need to clean and grease em' all up and respool em' with some big game. I guess we're all pretty lucky to have understanding ol' ladies...

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My son is really good at hiding things, so I keep them out of the house:eek:oooh:

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got all my rods and reels ready to go today. I need 2 more rods though and I would like to get a 7000 abu then im set. I even respooled all the bass and bait rods today too, and cleaned out my tackle bags. Come on spring! It cant come soon enough!

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    All my poles tackle bags and such is in the dining room. They are all cleaned repaired and lubed ready to go.The dining room table look like a bench of a tackle crafting shop. Been tying up jigs and flies for bait fishing. Need to put a water pump in the boat motor but think that will have to wait for warmer weather. Can't get the boat in the dining room

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Mine usually get cleaned 3 to 4 times during the winter. I have to do something when cabin fever sets in.

9. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Same here guys,I have stuff all over the house. Mostly I keep it in the dining room and utility room,But all my tackle bags ended up in the living room some how .:smile2: