Winter wheat camo?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by BRIANL, Jan 29, 2008.

1. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO HIDE LAYOUT BLINDS IN A WINTER WHEAT FIELD?

2. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Final approach blinds have some new slip on covers. Chrismas garlin always have served me we well. It comes in different shades, and if you can find any now, it's should be on sale.

3. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    ill have to look into the new slip covers I have used garland and I think it shines a little on real sunny days
    thanx

4. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    somthn thats worked for me in the past is some astroturf

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In the past when I used to guide for geese,I used plain burlap material,then just spraypainted a few splotches and hash marks with a green can of paint,worked well and cheap too.

6. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    We have a lot of water ways in our fields around here, don't know about you? We try and set up in the water ways and grass with the grass in the water way. We have spray painted grass and hay but its hard to get a perfect match. We also put silhouette decoys tight to the blinds to help break them up. Let us know if you find a answer!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I might add that the way we hunt geese here is a bit different than other places,We lie on the ground ,and just use burlap as a blanket type cover,you can see through it well enough to watch incoming birds and if it gets hung on the end of your barrel ,just shoot through it .I like to set a few decoys close to each guy to help break up the outlines too.

8. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    We used to do the burlap to 223 reload but its hard to beat the comfort of a coffin if you have staying power.

9. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    Dig shallow holes for your back-side and use a magnum shell , With the shells you will only have your feet sticking out , and then you can cover that with some KillerWeed or burlap. We use this same method , but in stubble corn .It works great when the sun is really shining

10. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thanx for the input guys. and no we dont normaly have many waterways. but i think i might get some burlap and spray it green and attach it to my blind. this weekend we are trying to decoy some snows, they are always the hardest critics so we will see what they think

11. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I'll agree their toughest waterfowl I've ever hunted! But having a tornado of them come down on you is an experience to say the least!