Winter Weather Warning!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Bill D Curtis, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Just a friendly reminder to everyone to make sure your boats and rv's are winterized and to remember your old hunting dogs 'cause they are saying it's gonna get real nasty :0a18:

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YUP-IS ALREDY NASTY HERE AND WERE SUPOSE TO GET ER AGAIN IN A DAY OR SO

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Bill I may be a Mississippi boy but I have been cought up in 2 of your Oklahoma winter storms with 6ft snow drifts in 4 hours and 4in of ice on I-40.I don't like that by any littttle bit so you can have them and I'll stay in muddy Mississippi.

4. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I can't stand the ice. Snow is not bad to deal with but the ice causes so much damage.

5. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    We woke up this mornin to freezeing rain, sleet, hail, thunder, and a little bit of snow. We knew it was comming so we got everything ready. If we dont loose elect we will be ok.

Who said they liked winter anyway???
    Be safe everybody, and stay in if you can.

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    A little ice here but no big deal yet.

7. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Ohter than Sta-Bil in the fuel, and draining out the oil of the lower unit, is there anything else I should do to winterize the boat?

8. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    We have 1" of ice on everything. One limb broke off & fell on my boat. Another bigger limb broke and fell right on top of my truck, it hit the fiberglass topper, and i'm hopin' it didnt make a big hole.

I stand on the front porch and hear trees popping like gunshots. what a mess. I'll post pics in the next post.

Everyone thats in this icey mess, please stay in and stay safe. I know this storm is all the way to chicago, and covers a lot of BOC family.

9. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    About 3/4 in of ice here and slicker than ---- with more on the way everyone be extra careful

10. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    No power here since midnight saturday. may be thursday before its back on. Thank goodness for generators. Yall try to stay dry and warm

11. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    This storm was nasty.They say there are 600,000 folks without power and it will be some time before power is restored.I hope everyone is safe out there.Ya'll are in my prayers.

12. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have been without power since Monday morning. Got cable though.:smile2: All my trees are damaged and topped out. Gonna go broke feeding this generator. Hope everyone is safe and warm.

13. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    It's a mess up here in Northeast, OK.

I got away without much property damage, but I have a yard full of limbs and trees.
    I lost electric for about 6 hours Monday.
    There is still a lot of people here in town without electric and they say it might be two weeks before they get everything fixed.

My daughter lives in Miami OK. and they have been without electric since Sunday morning and they don't know when they'll get it fixed in their area?

I hear we are due another batch of this nasty stuff this weekend, and I hope it's not as bad as the last batch?

I'm off the next two days and I'm going to be cutting up limbs and trees and hopefully I'll be able to find my yard again?

Let's remember all the people effected by the weather and pray they get electric and heat soon.

Ken

14. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    channel 8 said something about snow north of tulsa on sat. i work as a lineman here in sallisaw. all is quiet here but our crew has been loaned out to colllinville to work this week, myself and one more will be on call while the crew is off working. the boss called wen. an said there was enough work to keep someone busy till spring there in collinville and this is a real small town.it may be a long cold winter!:embarassed:

15. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Hooray! I now have electrical power! We have been without since Sunday at 10.00 PM.

It's amazing how soft we are, and used to the nicer things in life...like lights, heat, and running water! Nothing in my house works with out the blessings of OG&E! We have a water well, so there is no water after the storage tank goes dry. Toilet stools are not too pleasant when they can't be flushed. Ha!

My old grandpappy would be laughing his head off at how depended we have become on electrical power. He didn't have any electrical power or running water in his house until he was in his 90's. I still remember going out to the "outhouse" when snow was on the ground! I do remember being somewhat conspated a lot during the winter!:eek:oooh:

I hope everyone without electricity is back on power very soon!!

The linemen working night and day in the ice and rain are sure earning their money...and my gratitude!

Bill

16. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    need i say WOW!!! broken arrow looks like a war zone. my trees took quite a beating and we've been without power since sunday night. but ill tell you, being a catman at heart had me prepared. had flashlights and the propane heater with propane sitting in the garage for a cold fishing trip. needless to say its gonna have to wait on that fishing trip. well my thoughts are with all you who arent in the clear yet. be careful this weekend...

17. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    We dodged this bullet here along I40, but not the two before it. I've actually gotten pretty good at this.:sad2:

We feel your pain, and our thoughts are with you.

18. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey, Hey !!! I'm back on line. awe have been out of power for 10 day and just got power back at 4:30pm today.

We were not so lucky, tree limbs fell on my truck, went thru the roof of my new travel trailer, and on my boat.
    we have a 3 room apt. attached to our garage in back and we got a few limbs on the roof there. Already got a trimmer comming in to cut trees down and trim the big ones way back.

first 2 pics - boat, 3- is the back of the house , those limbs cme down later. I hope we are done with the ice for a long while.

Attached Files:

19. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    first pic, is before anything fell

second was the first limb that fell on the truck, all the other limbs in the pic fell later.

third is the limb that went thru thru roof of my new camper.

COME ON SPRING WEATHER....

Attached Files:

20. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I feel ya'lls pain and I hope everyone came out of it ok.