winter trout fishin!!

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by asukevin, Dec 1, 2005.

1. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    well, now that trout season has begun, i was wondering how people have been doing lately. i guess i will start. i went out this past week and one of the days i caught 8 trout. but i went on tuesday and i caught 4, my biggest being 1.5 pounds, the others were at least a pound. it has been alot of fun. i threw out some shrimp on my cat rod and got a few hits but i was absolutely nailin the trout. i hope to hear how everyone else was doin.

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i trout fish all year long where i live. last time out for trout wife hooked up a nice 5 pounder bow the biggest one to date for her. she was happy as a lark lol. on the lakes we fish we average in the 1.5 to 3 pound range all year. if this rain and wind ever stops we plan to go hit new malones again soon not catching a lot but they are big in the 3 to 6 pound range. here is a pic of her's from that day it was just at 19 inchs but fat on my digital scales it weight right at 4 pounds. if your ever in my area asukevin get in touch we will go fishing! ill even supply the gear.

3. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    wow, that is a huuuge fish. the trout dont get that big in az very often. if i wanted to catch a trout that size, i would have to go to willow beach on the colorado river. what parts of ca are you in?

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I haven't gotten out much yet this year for trout. i am goign to take a trip out to the Kings river in a week or two and do a little fly fishing.

-Brian

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Brian,
    don't forget about us doing the Pineflatt lake for trout. :D

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

hwo could I forget abotu you and Vini Robb? you guys are my fishin buddies :D

-Brian

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hi asukevin
    I am located near Modesto Ca. I am in a town named Turlock just south of Modesto. september october are great times here for large trout. and middle of summer and late spring seems to be good for kokanee on a couple of the lakes I fish.

8. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    sweet! i went again today and caught three pretty nice ones and missed about 15 :cursing: !!! ah well. them mealworms are tearin em up!

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey fellas I am going for some trout a few times this month during my break after Christmas. if I get into some good catches I'll post some. Hopefully I will as some local lakes around me has been producing some good ones lately.

10. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    cool good luck post some pics if you get any! and wet a line for me looks like i m out of commission for a while lol broke my foot lol and dont ask lol.

11. fishinga1

fishinga1 New Member

State:
    minnesota
    does anybody fish trout in minnesota in the winter. im planning on goin to a small trout pond and i dont know how or were to fish beneath the ice. can someone help me with this thanks.

12. flannelman

flannelman New Member

is it my understanding that your going ice fishing for these trout? if so you migh twant to use some spoons. they seem to work good around these parts.

13. fishinga1

fishinga1 New Member

State:
    minnesota
    yah im going to be ice fishing. how would you fish the spoons?

14. flannelman

flannelman New Member

alls i do is just snap it up and let it float down and keep doin that until i get a bite. the trout will usually hit when the spoon is floating down. goodluck. catch a biggun

15. flannelman

flannelman New Member

i forgot to add, i found that gold spoons have worked the best up aorund here so try them out. once again, goodluck

16. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Kevin, I am assuming you are fishing at Town Lake? I wanted to get over there around Thanksgiving but didn't make it. I have also wanted to try the Lower Salt, but have been too busy.

Town Lake can be tough to fish (unless I am just not going to the right spot) since if you fish from the sidewalk the closest you can get is 10 feet from the water. I have caught quite a few 2 pound channels there, though. Plus the scenery is always good there. ;)

17. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    nah it was at desert breeze in chandler i havent caught trout at tempe town lake. ive only caught a couple of bass there. your right, it is very hard to fish there. ive only tried to catch catfish there once or twice with bad results. but the great trout fishin is at the urban lakes, or up north, which right now it might even be warm enough to go up past payson for trout. keep em tight, maybe ill see ya out there

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    fishinga1 - I do a lot of ice fishing for Trout here in Pa. Since you will be fishing a small pond finding the fish shouldn't be too hard. Drill holes in few different spots and use live minnows (smaller fatheads), waxworms, maggots or mealworms fished near the bottom and you should have some success. Here's a few Ice Trout photo's from one of my outings.

Attached Files: