Winter Strippers on Badin

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cat<*(((><Brown, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Cat<*(((><Brown

Cat<*(((><Brown New Member

State:
    nc
    What do ya think guys....put the boat up for the winter or keep on fishin? I'm hoping the stripper and cat fishin is pretty good in the winter on Badin since they stayed so deep all summer. Any suggestions? Baits, riggs, trolling, anchored or looking for schoolies on top. Give me some ideas and I'll see ya out there. Tight lines everybody!!! <*(((><:cool2:

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Don't those strippers get pretty chilly? You wouldn't catch me buck naked out on the water during winter. If they do stay active, let me know. I just might have to come on up there for that! (Just don't tell the wife.)

Sorry. Couldn't resist. We have the striper/stripper jokes flying around here constantly.

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well the wintertime is the best for blues. Thats when the real monsters start showing up. As to where I would look from the dam down to the southern Island. Their going to be somewhere in that area. Stick to the main river channel, not the shallows. I usally catch several big blues in the fall, but not this year. I hope I make up for it in the winter. As for the stripers well I've been looking for them the past few weeks without much luck. SUnday I caught about 30 small white bass and afew big whitebass but no stripers. It's fustrating trying to find them at times. Most of the time just watch for the birds hitting the water. Usally the stripers are close by.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I know a little bit about stripers ... you know, the fish! For strippers, I would start lookin' inside them buildings with a big XXX on the side of them. just kidding with ya'. Good luck with the stripers. Badin can be tough, but rewarding. let us know if you find any. later

5. Cat<*(((><Brown

Cat<*(((><Brown New Member

State:
    nc
    Yeah well......I fish better than I spell. Although striper fishin with a stripper sounds good to me also. Wife may not like it much...lol.:cool2:

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Strippers can be caught year round. The best bait is a fresh 20 dollar bill, although a 5 or 1 will work. And remember, these are ALWAYS catch and release only. never take one home and pictures are out of the question also!

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Tomahawk is right winter time is the best time for big blues the colder the better....In big lakes where the shad population is healthy the cold cold weather will cause the winter shad kill....the shad begin to school up. They cant tolerate the cold water once they begin to die and begin falling to the bottom the big blues will school up under the dying shad and gorge themselves...if you find the shad you will find the cats...

I have had the opportunity to experience this several times at Santee Cooper and the fishing is incredible.....