Winter storm watch!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Nov 29, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well it looks like our Indian Summer is over:sad2: .Sure did enjoy the 60/70 degree weather. Now thier calling for freezing rain ,sleet for Thursday morning and then turn into snow. Where I live thier calling for 5 t0 9 inches on top of a half inch of ice. Ought to make for an interesting day and night.Then Sat its suppose to be 35 degrees.Least it will melt.Only good thing is the ground isn't frozen and it will soak into the ground and get some moisture back in it. Too bad we can get more in lakes/rivers.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    John,

Don't feel bad. They are predicting 10-14 inches of snow for Oklahoma

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Y'all need to move to the South............that's all I'm sayin'.

Be careful up there
    Cheryl

4. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    Will you send some of that down to Ms. I havent seen weather like that since I was a kid. I am ready though I have plenty of firewood cut.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Mule skinner first I want to say WELCOME to the BOC FAMILY> good to see another new member .
    Now if I could I'd send it all to you. Personally I hate it. Right now we have about an 1/8 in of ice.No snow yet ,thats to come later in the day.

6. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Yep! 65 gonna be the high today, not that I'm trying to brag or anything. Ok I am :lol:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Every winter I say why do I live in this GOd forsaken part of the country.Problem is any more the Sourthern States get ice & Snow.
    Dang if you do and dang if you don't. Oh Well just put up with it I guess. .Have a nice day and I'm gonna be walking around like I'm walking on ice. Yeah right.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Maybe it will wear it self out before it gets to us.Yeah Right.:roll_eyes:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well just think of your poor brothers and sister up North while your out sunbathing ok. Glad to hear someone is gonna have nice weather.Don't blame you I'd be bragging too.:lol:

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Sad part is, it will be in Ohio tonight or tomorrow! AAAAAArrrrrrRRRRRGGGGgghhhH!

Or as an old friend used to say CrRRRrrAAAAaaapppPPPPP! :cool2:

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Hey John you scared the heck out of me!!!!:eek:oooh: :crazy: I thought Strom Thurmond was up and around again!!!:big_smile: :lol: I know you meant 'STORM" not Strom but I can't help pulling your leg a little bit.:smile2: :tounge_out:

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    We go from 65 to the 30s. Oh well I guess that it is that time of year. I am still not putting my boat away yet.
    Bill

13. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Hey MRR, did Cheryl say we all could move in with her? Raining here right now, temps dropping about 2 degrees an hour. Expect the freezing rain anytime now.

14. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    In the mid 70's at 8:00 am should be dropping to low 30's here in S/E Texas by noon:crazy:

15. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Well i,m from INDY and now in florida and i got to say i really just dont miss all that snow and ice. Its going to be 80 here today with no chance of getting any colder. Been fishing all month and i will be fishing all this month coming. Sorry for bragging but i,m to old for all that cold any more. Come on down and i,ll take you out fishing in the sun,,,,,,,,,,,,:cool2:

16. ETEX-JIGGER

ETEX-JIGGER New Member

State:
    TYLER, TEXAS
    IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY OF THE COLD STUFF YET, IT'S ON IT'S WAY. WENT TO BED AT 11PM IT WAS 70, WOKE UP AT 2:30 am TO CHECK ON A PORK ROAST, STILL 70, LEFT FOR WORK AT 5, IT WAS 41, NOW ITS 37.

17. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Was working around the yard/garage on Tuesday in a T-shirt, 60+ degrees. High in the 30's yesterday, 11 degrees this am. Gettin' chilly out there.

18. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, we're down in the 20's for temperature, but still it's sleeting with lotsa snow on its way :cool2: Kids love the "snow day" from school... in fact, they went back to bed and are still sleeping :lol:

19. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    What part of Florida are you in? I will be down in the Disney area 12/20-12/27
    I am hauling the boat and plan to fish Lake Toho a little. Any pointers?

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Well as long as y'all pull your weight. :big_smile:

Had the AC on last night. Been in shorts and sandals for a week. Misting all day but the sun pops in and out. Been in a tank dress cleaning the garage today.

It's coming soon, but you know what? I don't care, I love cool weather, snow and ice, but grow tired of it after a while, just like summer.

Mother Nature is a cool creature.

Take care.
    Cheryl