Winter storm last night at the lake???

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by beeheck, Feb 17, 2008.

1. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    We saw on the weather last night a winter storm was supposed to go up through the middle of Missouri with freezing rain, ice and then snow. Any one know if this happened or not? Interested in around the 5MM or Rocky Mount - Eldon, MO area.
    Never did fix my dock roof from the bad storm of last year. Need to do that but it isn't ready to fall down or any thing, just kind of bent up and a little crooked. Worst thing is that darn roof leaks when it rains and it leaks right where we stand to fish at night. After a night of late fishing I come in, tell the wife I'm fished out, showered up and ready for bed. Doesn't work, all I get is a stern, "Take a shower".... wonder why? lol

2. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    well here on the eastern side of ohio we are getting some freezing rain.
    reports of cars in ditches and center of road.
    they said it was going to be in the fiftys here today

ellwood

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Bill, I think they have seen rain only so far. We switched over to snow at KC around 6am, and most of the "winter" part of the storm has been to our north.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Last night early we had a little ice on fences ,porch steps etc. Sidewalk was ok.Then it started warming up and got rid of the ice.Went to bed it was 34, got up this morning it is 47.But thier talking maybe an inch of snow this afternoon. Hurry up Spring.

5. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    rain and 40 here now, with a south wind,
    Jim

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Bill we just had a lot of heavy rain yesterday and all night. The temps actually rose so we didn't get any freezing precip. They are calling for less than a 1/2" of snow this afternoon and night so you can relax buddy.:wink:

This Afternoon: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 36. West wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Scattered flurries. Cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind between 10 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Presidents' Day: Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. West wind between 13 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.

So you see your place here at the lake should be just fine.:big_smile:

7. iusckeeper

iusckeeper New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Got family in NE MO, they only got a little freezing rain this morn and one inch on top of that

8. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Thank you all for the replies, here in Northern Iowa they made it sound like another one like last year down there. But then we were supposed to get snow and I don't think it got below freezing all day and zero precipitation.