Winter pool levels/Wabash river

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishcatcher, Sep 9, 2009.

1. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I got a message today from a dnr officer that on Sept. 15th they will begin the winter pool dropage at Huntington reservior. They will be dropping the water 2/10's of a foot per day and will be at witer pool level by dec. the 1st. That means Salamonie and Mississenwa. Will be doing the same around the same time. Better get your fishing in soon or you will just have to wait again until next year. Man this bums me out!:sad2:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear about that Allen. But on the brighter side,,,good for us down river, we could use the flow. We are hoping ya'all get some steady rains this fall so we can get some flow and depth down here in Terre Haute. River was 1.6' last Saturday. :sad2:

3. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    Hey ,I know what you mean allen . last year I went to missasinnawa after it came down a couple feet and you couldn't stand up on the last five or six feet of the ramp , had to use four wheel drive to get the boat in and out . but the walbash river came up a good half foot or more and the fishing got gooood!!!:big_smile:
    so hang on Bear it should get better in a few weeks

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009