Winter past time

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Sep 4, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    What does everyone do to pass the winter.I knowsome of you Ice Fish.
    Myself about all I do is Bowl on Thurs night on a mens league. Rest of the time just go stir crazy waiting for fishing and camping season to get here. Personally I hate the winter months. TOO darn cold .
    So what do you all do to pass the winter months? Just curious.Maybe not so bad this winter now that I have found the BOC and you all.GOD BLESS!!:smile2:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I make rod repairs clean my reels and drive the wife crazy. We like to goto the beach and enjoy having the whole thing almost to ourselves. This winter though we will be homebound gearing up (saving money) for a three week cruise to Italy next year.

3. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Winter is pretty boring around my house - for me anyway. I still go to work everyday, but it's way to cold to hit the waters and fish - especially in a boat. Nothing could keep my husband from fishing, although it does slow down some in the winter. Once snagging season starts it's on again for him - not that it ever really ends. :lol: . Me, I wait until it's pretty weather before I go out again. As for what I do, I watch a lot of TV in the winter and hang out with my friends when I can. This year I have the BOC to keep me company as well.:lol:

4. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    hunt,hunt,hunt and build rods

5. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    I do a lot of deer hunting and trout fishing

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I fish all year, yes even in the coldest parts of Winter. Have had some good days in the Winter too.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can catch channels all year long, but generally I get very bored and spend alot of time on the internet in the winter.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well let's see, I need to get back to reading. I'm way behind on books and magazines.

Somewhere between now and spring I want to redo my computer room. Still debating just exactly how and what theme..........what type of floor, whether to change the paneling, etc. The dog thought it was his room, but he is in for a huge surprise. He seems to be adjusting to the new large pillow type bed I bought him at the foot of my bed. So that worked to my advantage. LOL.

Rake leaves and burn them from now till next summer, probaby. Finish moving the pile of clay dirt under my maple tree in the front yard. It's a lotta dirt to move by hand with a maddox, but hey, I'll get it done, eventually.

I noticed yesterday that the dirt in the wheelbarrow under the maple, has a tomato plant growing in it. LMAO. It's been there since I planted my roses. The front yard is becoming a haven for relaxation with the glider and swing in the middle of the roses and other flower beds. Has a bird bath, a bird feeder, and a hummingbird weathervane, with stepping stones and a dogwood right in front of the bird bath. Just right for watching the sunsets. Since I rarely catch the sunrises, I will enjoy this tremendously.

Along with work and more work, that is how I'll do the winter, except when I take time to read either books and magazines or the BOC.

Take care.
    Cheryl

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    After deer season, ill be looking forward to doing some serious ice fishing for lake trout, and yellow perch.

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fish, fish, fish winter time is the best time.

OR

Go to florida and fish, fish, fish.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I fish for blues in Indiana, on the Ohio River

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi John, Well about five years ago I built a cabin on the missouri river and when I'm not working I try and spend as much time up there as I possiably can. It has heat and water ,TV, power, tolit, fridge,stove and no Phone, just My cell phone in case of emergancy. and I built a 16/20 ft enclosed porch and it has a wood burner on it I just set back and watch the wildlife, fish if I choose, shoot a tree rat and enjoy the peace and quite. If your ever up this way I would love to have You visit and stay a spell. I know You would Enjoy it. Your Frind and BOC Brother J.D.Straka

13. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well let's see,when the snow starts falling ,I start hoping that the work lasts till spring,on my down time I work on be fishing gear and rebuild my spraying equipment ,and get everything ready for the handy dandy tax man.lol I also take time to gamble a little more and take my vacation

14. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    lets see...i go to college ill probably fish a little. ill read a lot of magazines and books. ill also probably reorganize my tacklebox clean up my fishing poles, prolly stock up on lots of fishing supplies and hang out with my lovely girlfriend a lot!

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Sounds like a plan, where is Bumpus Mills, in relation to northeast TN?

LOL.

Take care.

16. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Hunt basically, if Im not hunting...wish I was hunting...shopping for Christmas. This year..prolly play in the snow...at least the first cpl of days, then that craps gonna get old...brrrrrr:crazy:

17. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I work the beds in my daylily gardens. Fish!! some of the best fishing is in the winter down here. And wonder why folk's live where it get's so cold??

18. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    WORK WORK WORK..gotta go where the money is!!! Lived in a hurricane prone area....wont do it again!!:wink:

19. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

The hurricanes don't really bother me,I've lived with them all my life. The hurricanes bring needed rains,but snow & ice makes thing turn blue and I have no need for blue things. :wink:

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Born and raised in this lovely area,snow,ice sleet.And now can't afford to go any place else. wouldn't break my heart if I never saw snow again.Hate It!! It's pretty but don't like the driving in it. Gettin old I guess.