Winter Park water level

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Dredge, May 19, 2009.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Can I get on at Winter Park?Last week,the ramps were closed for high water.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It's really hard to tell by the level of the river going under 55 hywy. It's very high right now, with the soccer fields covered. However, sometimes that is due to the backup from the Mississippi & not from water coming down from Winter park area.
    Sorry

3. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I am more interested in putting in above the alton dam and going through the docks. Has anyone done that in the last couple of days? Is it safe? How much trash is in the river?

4. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Patrick I would head over to the lake if I was you. Carlyle is on fire right now!

5. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Thanks Justin, I think I will, I was kinda planning on going there as I am too afraid of the river right now. I have never fished the lake in a boat before. Any hints?

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Drift between the silo's and the RR trestle, following the old river channel. Great for 2-10 pound channels.

Try up above the RR trestle, if you can get your boat in that tangled mess. Other than winter, above the trestle produces most of the larger fish.

7. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Have you ever drifted before Patrick?

8. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Nope but may give it a try. Lookls like i cannot go untill thursday as I have to meet my daughter tomorrow.

9. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Well your going to need a drift sock or a couple of five gallon buckets w/ some hole drilled in the bottom. Kutter gave you a great spot to start out as long as the wind isn't to bad, also try between Allen Branch and Peppenhorse. It also helps to know how fast your moving so if you have a gps always check your ground speed try to keep it under 0.5mph. Cut shad always works for me but a lot of guys are using leeches. Let me know if your heading up and I'll fill you in w/ the details over the phone.

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah..,. if its windy fish below the dam..

11. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Chicken!

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Others may know of better, but I found Boulder Marina cove one of the bast spots for catching shad at daybreak & just before dark.