Winter hits green country

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by okiecop, Feb 18, 2006.

1. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Well what do you know we finally got winter here in northeast oklahoma. Got almost 2" of snow on the ground so far. Not that a lot of like the white stuff but we sure need the moisture. Y'all pipe in and tell us how much you got. I know it isn't enough to catch us up to where we need to be but at this point i think we will take what we can get.

2. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Looks like we got a couple inches over Tulsa way. Like you said, not near enough moisture but it should prevent a fire or two.

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    glad you guys are getting some moisture now.

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    We got a couple of inches here in Bville also but 2 inches a snow is less that
    .10 inche of water. We need a heck of a lot more in order to remove just the burn ban.

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Looks like it's a blistering 12 degrees outside with a -4 wind chill. Anyone going to fish today? I'll hook my boat up if anyone wants to go out today.;)

6. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Hookin up your boat is one thing. Going out in it is another. :rolleyes:

7. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I'm not sure if i want to fish when i have to break the ice off my reel in order to cast lol

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I know I don't wanna fish when my breath would freeze before it came all the way out of my mouth.

Thanks, but no thanks.

9. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    The news out of tulsa said last night that the total precip. for out storm was between .20-.30 of an inch. I'll take any thing we can get at this point.

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Amen Brother. Anything we can get is better than nothing!

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hmmphhh, winter not only hit green country, it got white country also. Love fishing, but common sense tells me there will be better days. Time to make some sinkers.

12. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I'm not sure we got much snow at all over here north of Okc. It was mostly ice and sleet. I hope the fish are in the mood for frozen bait cause I don't have anything else! brrrrrr That is if I can get it the bait through that top layer of hard water

13. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Well I did try to go fishing Sunday and almost every ramp we looked at at Grand Lake was covered with a sheet of ice. We ended up having to abort the trip :mad:

14. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Tulcat the ramp over here at Barkers edgewater is open. only problem there is that it is very shallow.

15. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I'm pretty sure that was one of the many we checked on Sunday morning, and it was not looking good for getting a boat out as everywhere was iced.

We checked about every ramp up Wolf Creek and the one in best shape was the Grove Public Access ramp way up creek, but by the time we got back to it a new ice storm gave us caution.